HTC One vs Nexus 5 - My Decision

theodoreandon

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I went ahead and bought a Nexus 5. Set it all up and tried it for 3 days. Its back to the HTC One for me.

Just as an FYI I also test drove a Note 3 and that only lasted 2 days.

If you want a reminder of how great a phone the HTC One is then get something else and use it for a few days. You will be back to the One ASAP.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Any particular reason for the decision? I've read that the battery and the camera are a letdown but that is it.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
yea could you please please give us a deeper report on the things that made you go back to the ONE, and the reason you ditched it ;)
will appreciate!
i'm especially interested in the Sense UI experience, if i choose to leave IOS.

Emanstone

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Any suggestion of a functional "call recorder"app on Google play store. I've tried several to no avail..

Sent from my HTC One..

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
For me the htc one has a great screen and size. The bin sound and sound in general is just godly. The premium feel of the phone is also amazing.

Sent From S4 I9500 Crash Rom V 10.0

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The overall build quality and feel of the phone in your hand (thanks to materials), along with the slickness of Sense 5.5, makes the phone hard to match. Combine that with the still top-tier screen and excellent speakers, and it's a great overall package that may be surpassed in some areas but still stands strong as an overall device.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had this realization as well. After iOS 7 came out I found myself thinking, "if apple comes out with a 4.7" iPhone next year I could switch back."

Then the headphone jack died on my One so I had to send it in for repairs. While it was there I resorted to using my wife's recently discarded iPhone 4S. I quickly realized that my One DE with GE based ROM is a far better device. I still love the polish of iOS 7, but the features of the One and customizability of 4.3 are unmatched. Now I get my One back and they managed to break my mic so it's on it's way back for repairs and I'm back to using the 4s, I'm less than thrilled.

bloo0153

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I also purchased a Nexus 5 but I will be selling my One instead. It is true, the build quality of the One has a more premium feel. However, I always use a case so everything feels like plastic in the end.

I did suffer the purple camera issue with my One which rubbed me the wrong way. My main reason for switching is I mostly just wanted a change. I can't seem to keep a phone longer than 6 months.

The feature I'll miss most about the One is the speakers. I always listen to podcasts while getting ready for work. The speaker in the Nexus 5 sounds abysmal. I'll have to dig out my Bluetooth speaker.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Any particular reason for the decision? I've read that the battery and the camera are a letdown but that is it.

I think the camera and software are pretty decent. Battery life is good as well. Not as good as my note, but surly not a Let down lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech