HTC One Battery Life

Lee Hou Yao

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys , I'm from Malaysia and it's still my first week with the phone and it's really good but I'm concerned about the battery life.
I was surfing twitter and texting and the battery drops 1% every 2 - 3 minutes . Is this normal?
PS: I had the power saver feature turned on and downloaded an app called easy battery saver .

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What is your brightness set at? Auto or custom setting? Do you use Wi-Fi or 3G the majority of the time? What is your screen time out set at? How often do your apps sync?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
1% every 2-3 minutes while using the screen is normal. That's about 300 minutes of screen time or 5 hours for 100% Really good for today's standards, very few get around that or more :)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Auto brightness is a known battery hog. Try a custom setting. As UJ95x said, screen on time is great. Also try putting the screeno off time to a lower setting like 1 min or something.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
One trick I learned recently (don't know if it's obvious to everyone) is to double click on the home button every once in a while and you will see up to nine open apps. 'Flick them off the screen to close them completely. Been doing that recently, and without specific testing, it seems to me that it saves a noticeable amount of battery power.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
One trick I learned recently (don't know if it's obvious to everyone) is to double click on the home button every once in a while and you will see up to nine open apps. 'Flick them off the screen to close them completely. Been doing that recently, and without specific testing, it seems to me that it saves a noticeable amount of battery power.
This isn't necessarily the best idea. You should get better battery life by letting the OS manager your RAM usage.

Simon Divito

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I found battery guru to be the main drain, it was the most active app for constantly waking the phone..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I have seen a couple people say to click the home button twice to show open apps. I am on 4.3 with Sprint and when I click my home button twice nothing happens. If I hold the home button down I get Google Now. But nothing if I click home twice.

Simon Divito

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have seen a couple people say to click the home button twice to show open apps. I am on 4.3 with Sprint and when I click my home button twice nothing happens. If I hold the home button down I get Google Now. But nothing if I click home twice.

Go to settings display and gesture buttons and look for home double click speed mines set to normal.

Simon Divito

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I can never get more than 2hrs screen on time.

Posted via HTC One on their cool app

Try adjusting your settings to make the most of battery life without compromising the intended purpose of the phone. I found deleting 'battery saving apps' and configuring things myself I have greatly increased battery life.
This is my current reading the average was pre tweaking and I expect it to increase this week coming.
busyqama.jpg

Last edited:

Simon Divito

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
What? After it was done learning? My battery lasts longer now than before.

Yes after learning install wake lock detector on mine it was constantly waking the phone, all it does anyway is stuff you can do yourself so no great loss. Most battery saving apps do more harm than good IMHO

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree but not regarding this one. It may do things I might do myself but it automatically turning off wifi when I leave home and back on again when I get to school is a pretty nice thing, turning off data/wifi/misc. when I get very low on battery and so on. When it doesn't work for you it obviously isn't useful but it works for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy