Is my Google play app store not up to date?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It may seem like a small thing but I had an HTC and when I was on the Google play store I could swipe to bring up a menu and go to my apps from there. I have a different phone know but still an HTC one running 4.3, and the Google play store version I have doesn't let me swipe to bring up my apps anymore. Any advice?

Posted via Android Central App

mbulow

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I can swipe from the left edge, to open the menu... I have been able to do that for some time now.

Screenshot_2013-11-11-16-12-50.jpg

Last edited:

mbulow

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I might be wrong, about this one, but... Have you installed "Google Play services"?

Something tells me that, my store was updates when I installed "services".

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The most current version of the Google Play Store app is 4.4.21. It introduced the slide out menu. Google does staggered rollouts of the the Play Store updates, which is why 1 phone could receive the new version while another 1 still has an old version. Even with 2 of the same phones (ie 2 separate HTC Ones). I have found that sometimes it can be a couple of weeks for one of my 2 devices to be updated (I have an HTC One and a 2012 Nexus 7). If you want the newest version of of the Play Store and don't want to wait for Google to push the update to your device you can download the apk and sideload it.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The most current version of the Google Play Store app is 4.4.21. It introduced the slide out menu. Google does staggered rollouts of the the Play Store updates, which is why 1 phone could receive the new version while another 1 still has an old version. Even with 2 of the same phones (ie 2 separate HTC Ones). I have found that sometimes it can be a couple of weeks for one of my 2 devices to be updated (I have an HTC One and a 2012 Nexus 7). If you want the newest version of of the Play Store and don't want to wait for Google to push the update to your device you can download the apk and sideload it.

Awesome, thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech