Is it too late to get one?

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
The Launcher fixed Touchwiz for me.. Because.. It doesn't use it lol. Not sure how a Launcher wouldn't fix it :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

each person need different stuff to be fixed. personally, just seeing Samsung or LG UIs gives me the Heebie jeebies. no Launcher could change the sub menus and different apps inside the UI.
i'm not much of an endless tweakings guy myself. need something simple and easy on the eye. already looked at many launchers, even the simplest ones are problematic for me.
from all the videos i watched, at least the Sense doesn't make me wanna change it. i'm fine with it.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have jumped from phone to phone for many years, constantly wanting the greatest....and this is the first time I've been 95% satisfied for this long.

RyanMXA

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
The HTC ONE is Definitely still relevant. It is an excellent device. Compared to the N5, I would still pick the HTC. Compared with the G2, I would probably go G2, even though it would be tough to choose.
The G2 has that booming camera, edge to edge screen which is 5.2", and the latest processing power. The UI is not as clean, plastic does not feel as nice, and the speakers are under par.
The ONE has sharpest screen, best speakers (with or without headphones), great UI, and excellent camera features (looking at you Zoe).

Bottom Line: After living with the ONE for a while, it is an excellent device. A coworker just got the N5 which is OK nothing special IMO. The LG G2 is a great device.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks, i prefer the ONE over the G2 in most aspects, besides the bigger screen size. but the problem is that i live in Israel, and costumer service here might be problematic for some devices.
HTC for example. terrible service, takes ages to repair or get a new phone, etc. and from what i read there are literally TONS of QC complaints all over the web.
so that's the main thing i'm afraid of.
what if i get "purple haze"?? i'm done for!
it feels almost a matter of pure luck. unless the problems now somehow have gone under control.. i dunno.
so THAT was almost the main reason to pick the G2. and i HATE going by that reason. not a real choice.

Now I understand your issue a lot better! Maybe the G2 is a better choice if you have more access to LG. Otherwise for a device vs device I also like the HTC One better. After I get the N5 in a month or so maybe I can sell you mine for cheap and I can send it over seas. Its the unlocked att version. (If the radio works on your current network. GSM)

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Now I understand your issue a lot better! Maybe the G2 is a better choice if you have more access to LG. Otherwise for a device vs device I also like the HTC One better. After I get the N5 in a month or so maybe I can sell you mine for cheap and I can send it over seas. Its the unlocked att version. (If the radio works on your current network. GSM)

thanks, i pulled the trigger on the ONE, and 100% sure i made the right choice, warranty or not. it's just tons better than G2 IMO.
i don't need more power atm (for at least a year), the camera has much more "feel" than the generic 13mp sharp photos i don't care for.
the UI is flowing and esthetic, not like the hideous Optimus, etc.. oh and the slow-mo is good enough for me (until they'll make it 720p on the m8, i hope).

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks, i pulled the trigger on the ONE, and 100% sure i made the right choice, warranty or not. it's just tons better than G2 IMO.
i don't need more power atm (for at least a year), the camera has much more "feel" than the generic 13mp sharp photos i don't care for.
the UI is flowing and esthetic, not like the hideous Optimus, etc.. oh and the slow-mo is good enough for me (until they'll make it 720p on the m8, i hope).

Good deal! Keep us posted on how you like it or don't like. I hope you enjoy your new toy! loved mine when I picked it up.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Good deal! Keep us posted on how you like it or don't like. I hope you enjoy your new toy! loved mine when I picked it up.

I'm pretty much settled and happy!
of course there are some problems that make me crazy switching from iphone and IOS7 but I'll get use to them eventually.
It's really a swell device ;)

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got a One after retiring my Nexus 4. I was going to get a Nexus 5, but there were 3 things I REALLY wanted that only the HTC One seemed to have.

- Front facing stereo speakers. I never would normally care about a phone's loudspeaker, it wasn't til I used the (poor) Nexus 4 that I have found I really envied the HTC One's speakers. This is the first phone that I've ever considered "too loud" which is great. And it's not only loud, but clear and pleasingly sounding.

- My last HTC was a DHD and I always remember it was great at taking video footage during loud events. The sound would come out well balanced and non distorted. This is something I've severely missed since owning my N4. All my N4 videos during events are unwatchable due to the horrible distorted sound. This won't bother a lot of people, but as an avid concert goer who loves sharing their experience, it's something I really appreciate.

- The screen of the HTC One is something I've constantly heard good things about. It hasn't disappointed. In addition to the brilliant sound, I actually WANT to watch youtube vids etc while in bed with my phone :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair