sending pictures via textra SOLVED!

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
hi guys. sorry for the numerous problems i have with my phone (and/or android?)....i promise i always search the forums before posting. but that rarely seems to work.

i have been having problems sending pictures using textra lately. my friends on the receiving end (all using iphones) say they are getting blanks. i am on an HTC ONE with T-MOBILE. is this a textra problem? t-mo? or htc one? i have tried changing the file size limit in textra setting to no avail. help!

thank you!!

PS i have had no problems sending pics using textra in the past

PSS don't get me started with trying to send video. too big. sucks. any suggestions there greatly appreciated.

forgive my continued ignorance and helplessness.

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: sending pictures via textra

Have you gone to the following path: Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names> Then press on the already selected Tmo name area. Make sure that information matches that which is in the Textra App under MMS area. (Within Textra>Settings>MMS Settings (go here if MMS isn't working). Make sure all that data matches what's in: Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names> Then press on the already selected Tmo name area.

Hope this helps. PS: Is it only iPhones that are having issues receiving this?

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Have you gone to the following path: Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names> Then press on the already selected Tmo name area. Make sure that information matches that which is in the Textra App under MMS area. (Within Textra>Settings>MMS Settings (go here if MMS isn't working). Make sure all that data matches what's in: Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names> Then press on the already selected Tmo name area.

Hope this helps. PS: Is it only iPhones that are having issues receiving this?

that's a good point. it is only iphones that are having the issue. but that's because the only friends i send pictures to use iphones. i'll see if i can find another droid user.

regarding APN: on my phone, it goes SETTINGS>MOBILE DATA>ACCESS POINT NAMES....from there it shows two options, one says 't-mobile data' and the other 't-mobile MMS'. both have padlock icons next to them. 't-mobile data' has a blue dot next to it. and both have greyed out information in them when i select them. if i hit the three dots at the top right there is a 'new APN' and 'reset to default' options but i'm scared to mess with them. within TEXTRA there is the 'go here if MMS isn't working...APN SETTINGS>MANUALLY CONFIGURE APN which is un-ticked. if i tick it it doesn't show much: what looks like a t-mo web address under 'MMSC' and 'MMS proxy' and 'MMS proxy port' which i have not messed with. should i? or should i call t-mo?

thank you for your help!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

It would be important to make sure its happening with only iphones, find someone else with different phone, and try it...it you get the same results, then you have 2 options: 1. Make sure that under your MMSC, MMS Proxy and MMS Port within Textra (where it says if mms isn't working, go here) are the same as in your t-mobile section under access points or option 2.... Contact T-Mobile.

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I've been having problems sending pictures over stock htc messages, so I've been using textra! weird.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

It would be important to make sure its happening with only iphones, find someone else with different phone, and try it...it you get the same results, then you have 2 options: 1. Make sure that under your MMSC, MMS Proxy and MMS Port within Textra (where it says if mms isn't working, go here) are the same as in your t-mobile section under access points or option 2.... Contact T-Mobile.

i did two things yesterday.

1. uninstalled and re-installed textra.

2. contacted t-mo....

first he asked if i could connect to the internet. actually first he asked if i was using wi-fi. i don't. it's off. then he asked if i had any problems connecting to the internet. i said i did not. he said that if my APN settings were incorrect i would not be able to connect to the internet. is this true? also he had me send myself picture messages. they both went through successfully. he suggested that my recipient had saved me in their contacts as an iphone (on an iphone). i suggested that to my girl-friend who showed me that she had not. also she showed me that the problem persists. part of the problem is it is not consistent. if the mms doesn't go through, i re-send it and often the second or third attempt works. what's particularly vexing is that the message appears to go through. i was working in hawaii a few weeks ago and whenever i tried to send a pic it would eventually appear with a red bar on it, in textra, indicating that it failed to send. these mms do not. any other suggestions? is it time to switch messaging apps?? i like textra a lot. it seems the most straightforward of them all. also, should i follow the instructions in the article below? i am pretty uncomfortable manually changing my settings. i realize this is only textra and unlikely to mess anything up. but i don't want to change the phones settings.

thank you!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2240233

dmxinc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Fixed it for me. The only thing is it views the picture on side swipe screen instead of main screen. But works, Thanks!

Muilisx

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

The REAL way to fix this problem is very simple. I never had issues sending pictures until today and I know EXACTLY WHY and I fixed it.

I was messing around with my Uncle making recordings and sending them but anything close to 1 minute is too large to send. I went into MMS settings in Textra and changed the limit from 600KB to No Limit. Yours may be 1MB by default but mine was 600KB. This allowed me to send long recordings to him. However for some reason this changed my picture messaging. Although I had it set to NO LIMIT for some reason Textra would say picture too large which makes no sense because no limit is no limit. I changed my messaging app back to default which worked but won't work in Textra.

After thinking about it I said to myself you know what let's put the limit size from no limit back to 600KB but I set it to 1MB instead and now textra sends pictures with no fails saying picture too large. It's weird to me that no limit would have issues but restricting it fixed it. That's really odd to me. Go into Textra, go to settings, scroll down to the MMS section and press MMS Settings. In there under general the first one will be Send Size. If for some reason it's set to no limit then that's your problem. Simply change it to 1MB and it should allow you to send pictures through Textra.

Also, if you would like a little noise when your text sends successfully go to Settings, scroll down to the 2nd section which is Sending, and tick off the last box that says Play Sent Sound. I personally really like this because I'll know if my message sends. You will hear a little woosh sound. The stock messaging app doesn't have this feature, and I think it's a great feature. This way if you happen to be in a building or elevator and you send a message you won't have to look to see if it sends or not because you'll hear a little sound which is different than any notification sound you have as this sound is a unique sound and can't be changed.

Pea23

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I just changed the settings in Textra 'MMS Behaviour' to 'System' instead of 'Legacy' and worked perfectly after that!

Paul Degrassi

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

that's a good point. it is only iphones that are having the issue. but that's because the only friends i send pictures to use iphones. i'll see if i can find another droid user.

regarding APN: on my phone, it goes SETTINGS>MOBILE DATA>ACCESS POINT NAMES....from there it shows two options, one says 't-mobile data' and the other 't-mobile MMS'. both have padlock icons next to them. 't-mobile data' has a blue dot next to it. and both have greyed out information in them when i select them. if i hit the three dots at the top right there is a 'new APN' and 'reset to default' options but i'm scared to mess with them. within TEXTRA there is the 'go here if MMS isn't working...APN SETTINGS>MANUALLY CONFIGURE APN which is un-ticked. if i tick it it doesn't show much: what looks like a t-mo web address under 'MMSC' and 'MMS proxy' and 'MMS proxy port' which i have not messed with. should i? or should i call t-mo?

thank you for your help!

You need to buy the pro version I think. I was having same problem. Go to mms settings and set your limit to NO LIMIT. And keep it on legacy setting not system. After I did that I could send and receive high res video using textra from right inside the app itself, no you tube or Dropbox work around either. Hope it helps.

bmaz121

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having sending problems with Android Textra, I'm saying that the photo icon in the g-board keyboard is missing. I was able to do it, though. Go to camera and take the picture, then select the menu and select Share. Select Textra. Then go back to the Textra App and press on a space where you type, before or after your text, and the picture should show up. Seems like a lot of work, but it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835