issues with charging

undertrip

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
So when i charge my phone it reaches 100 and green light when i unplug it ,after couple of seconda it reaches 94 immediatly
I dont know whats wrong i got 4.3 and 5.5 sensr btw
Thx

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
you can also try to calibrate it by letting it go completely dead then while its off charge it back to green light. Then turn it on while still plugged in and let it go green light again..

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Nah it's actually good to one a month or so let the office use all the juice.

I follow the Apple suggestions on their site since the batteries are made from the same guts ultimately.

https://www.apple.com/batteries/#mn_p

Posted via Android Central App
They use different battery technology. I'm fairly certain that the One should not be completely discharged as it will shorten the battery life.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
They use different battery technology. I'm fairly certain that the One should not be completely discharged as it will shorten the battery life.
Some phones have Lithium Ion batteries and some have Lithium Polymer batteries, I'm not sure the same charging rules apply to both.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If your using a device and the battery goes dead thats fine. There is still juice left in it. The battery has built in circuitry to prevent it from re-charging if the voltage gets to low.
BUT the phone shuts down way before that. Its ok to let the phone shut off due to low battery as long as you charge it shortly after that happens.
What IS bad for Li-Ion and Li-Poly batteries is prolonged low voltage. So using a phone till the battery goes dead, then storing the phone or swapping batteries and forgetting to charge it.
Thats very bad for it. If the voltage gets to low the battery can not recover and will stay dead.
If its at a low critical threshold the on board circuitry will do a very slow charge to try to bring it to normal voltage and if that happens it will then allow normal / rapid charging.
Just remember when the phone shuts off due to low battery that means the battery doesnt have enough current to properly run a phone. There is still some juice left in it and its not completely dead. It still has low voltage and very little stored energy. Just make sure to re-charge it soon when its in that condition.
also keep in mind that spare batteries need to be used periodically or they can go bad. Batteries are not perfect and can self discharge very slowly over time. If your going to store a battery let it discharge in the phone till about 75% then pull it out for storage.. Then maybe once a month or two months use the battery fully for a week then put it back into storage.. OR simply rotate them. Use that for a month or two and let the other one sit..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If your using a device and the battery goes dead thats fine. There is still juice left in it. The battery has built in circuitry to prevent it from re-charging if the voltage gets to low.
BUT the phone shuts down way before that. Its ok to let the phone shut off due to low battery as long as you charge it shortly after that happens.
What IS bad for Li-Ion and Li-Poly batteries is prolonged low voltage. So using a phone till the battery goes dead, then storing the phone or swapping batteries and forgetting to charge it.
Thats very bad for it. If the voltage gets to low the battery can not recover and will stay dead.
If its at a low critical threshold the on board circuitry will do a very slow charge to try to bring it to normal voltage and if that happens it will then allow normal / rapid charging.
Just remember when the phone shuts off due to low battery that means the battery doesnt have enough current to properly run a phone. There is still some juice left in it and its not completely dead. It still has low voltage and very little stored energy. Just make sure to re-charge it soon when its in that condition.
also keep in mind that spare batteries need to be used periodically or they can go bad. Batteries are not perfect and can self discharge very slowly over time. If your going to store a battery let it discharge in the phone till about 75% then pull it out for storage.. Then maybe once a month or two months use the battery fully for a week then put it back into storage.. OR simply rotate them. Use that for a month or two and let the other one sit..

Thanks for the very informative post which I'll be sharing in the future if you don't mind.

G Pad 8.3

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Feel free to use it. Id offer some links to sites of where i got the info but i dont have any. Its stuff i have read and remembered and learned over the years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995