does anybody have problems with Chrome's address/search bar not responding to tap?

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
hi,
i noticed this annoying bug or whatever, when i tap the address bar to type a new search or even tap the X to stop uploading a page,
it sometimes just not responding or doing anything,
and after a few taps, it finally "agrees" to go into "writing mode", or stop uploading..
anyone else has this?

and while i'm at it, i tried a few browsers, but most of them were not as fast as the Chrome so ATM i decided to stick with it.
anyway, i was wondering if there's a good browser that lets you swipe left to go back, as in the IOS7 Safari? (instead of using the back softkey)
it's also a bit weird that in order to go back pages when the phone is in horizontal view, my only option is to tap the back softkey, which is now placed on the right bottom side of the screen.. not very smart or comfortable..
is there a browser that solves these problems? (at least with added on screen back/forward buttons)?

many thanks! :-*

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had all kinds of issues with Chrome. Time is money. So I just uninstalled it and haven't looked back. Firefox and Dolphin do quite nicely.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had all kinds of issues with Chrome. Time is money. So I just uninstalled it and haven't looked back. Firefox and Dolphin do quite nicely.

Dolphine feels too heavy.. and Firefox is ok. just haven't figured out yet how to refresh with on tap, instead of going into the menu first :(

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I use the stock browser that comes with the phone I have chrome disabled. I also sometimes use Mercury browser.

Sent from my HTC One

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I alternate between stock and Mercury.

what's Mercury's advantage?
i tried around 5-6 browsers already. still none gives a good solid all around feel like Safari.
i especially got hooked on swiping back instead of a back button. so much more convenient. finding myself swiping left desperately :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton