UnderClocking & UnderVolting HTC One

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC One which is unlocked and I have had it rooted and I have a ViperOne ROM installed.
Before I rooted my phone my battery life abysmal at best and I rarely got a day out of it (Which was very surprising as i've read threads where people have stated theirs phones have lasted them weekends), I checked some tips online and I managed to get my battery life back up to well over a days use. After doing a lot of reading I've read into rooting and I rooted my HTC One just a few days ago although I have to say the battery life has gone slightly worse.
I've noticed many people are into overclocking their devices while I see the reasoning behind it, I can't help but think why would anyone do unless their device is lagging because it'll overheat plus the battery life would go down. I however have been interested in under clocking my HTC One. My reasoning behind it, is that the HTC One has a quad core 1.7ghz which is capable of doing many things, and many times when I view the stats on the cores, at least 3 of them are idle half the time and most it has ever been is roughly 1.3ghz and I dont remember it ever lagging. I want to under clock it because I don't ever play intensive gaming and the most intensive gaming I do is probably Doodle Jump and watch youtube videos. I want to do this in an effort to further extend my battery life and I would heavily appreciate other informative view points. P.S If I ever under clock my device wouldn't it be logical to also under volt so the CPU only uses the power it requires ?!
If anyone has any other tips and tricks that I can implement on a rooted HTC One to further battery life, im all ears ! Literally !

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend looking at the ElementalX thread on XDA. Everyone's experience is different, so it's hard to find a good reference point for a referral on what's going to work best for you. But you can get a lot of good descriptions on how under clocking and wonderful under volting has helped different people.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend looking at the ElementalX thread on XDA. Everyone's experience is different, so it's hard to find a good reference point for a referral on what's going to work best for you. But you can get a lot of good descriptions on how under clocking and under volting has helped different people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11