SetCPU - HTC One

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC One which is rooted and I'm battery saving fanatic, when I first got my phone I was getting good use out of it although after an update It went down although I managed to bring it up to speed. I've rooted my HTC One and im enjoying the benefits of doing so although I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to use the app in order for me to maximize battery life ?! I'm not a particular fan of overclocking (I can see why people do it, although I have a 1.7ghz stock, so no real use for me) if anything I'd rather underclock to get more juice, I first installed it and played around with some profiles and juice started draining quickly. so Any tips guys ?!
1) Which profiles can I use to get the most juice ?!
2) I'd like to use a profile which allows my phone to remain effectively idle once I'm asleep at night (Minimum CPU usage)
3) The conservative governor doesn't appear anywhere, I read on that and it's quite handy.
4) I'm assuming the more profiles, the worse !
5) My layout is also quite different, I have a slider to adjust power but its numerical not the green slider.

I was wondering could people take my phone into account because I'd like the tips to be based around my phone as their tips on the internet but their mostly generalizing on the entire android ecosystem. I'd like some help and hopefully knowledge will ensue. Thanks

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
This is my first post so please take it easy !

I have a HTC One which is rooted and I'm battery saving fanatic, when I first got my phone I was getting good use out of it although after an update It went down although I managed to bring it up to speed. I've rooted my HTC One and im enjoying the benefits of doing so although I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to use the app in order for me to maximize battery life ?! I'm not a particular fan of overclocking (I can see why people do it, although I have a 1.7ghz stock, so no real use for me) if anything I'd rather underclock to get more juice, I first installed it and played around with some profiles and juice started draining quickly. so Any tips guys ?!
1) Which profiles can I use to get the most juice ?!
2) I'd like to use a profile which allows my phone to remain effectively idle once I'm asleep at night (Minimum CPU usage)
3) The conservative governor doesn't appear anywhere, I read on that and it's quite handy.
4) I'm assuming the more profiles, the worse !
5) My layout is also quite different, I have a slider to adjust power but its numerical not the green slider.

I was wondering could people take my phone into account because I'd like the tips to be based around my phone as their tips on the internet but their mostly generalizing on the entire android ecosystem. I'd like some help and hopefully knowledge will ensue. Thanks
It appears this is your 19th post :eek: not the 1st
So, you're rooted but still on the stock ROM, correct?

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
It appears this is your 19th post :eek: not the 1st
So, you're rooted but still on the stock ROM, correct?

MY bad, I posted this elsewhere ! I just copied and pasted it because I didnt get a response !
I'm rooted and I have the ViperOne ROM installed as well.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
MY bad, I posted this elsewhere ! I just copied and pasted it because I didnt get a response !
I'm rooted and I have the ViperOne ROM installed as well.
Some ROMs allow you to set the CPU lower so that it saves battery. Not sure if the Viper One allows it. Is it a stock Android ROM?

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Some ROMs allow you to set the CPU lower so that it saves battery. Not sure if the Viper One allows it. Is it a stock Android ROM?

I think its heavily based off Sense 5.5 and Android 4.3 with many tweaks.
I can't seem to find the conservative governor on SetCPU.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I think its heavily based off Sense 5.5 and Android 4.3 with many tweaks.
I can't seem to find the conservative governor on SetCPU.
So that's what you meant by SetCPU? XD
I thought you just wanted to set your CPU to a certain speed

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was referring to the app, do you have any recommendations ?!

I haven't used that app so I'm not sure how you could use that one to under clock but I have a ROM that lets you do it without installing any extra apps or anything. It's just in the settings

Posted via Android Central App

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used that app so I'm not sure how you could use that one to under clock but I have a ROM that lets you do it without installing any extra apps or anything. It's just in the settings

It took me ages to adjust to my current ROM so I think its best I stick with it ! Do you have any idea where I could gather more information on this ?! I hear people on different forums say this get almost a weekend's use out of their phone before its battery gets depleted and I can barely get a day at best !

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It took me ages to adjust to my current ROM so I think its best I stick with it ! Do you have any idea where I could gather more information on this ?! I hear people on different forums say this get almost a weekend's use out of their phone before its battery gets depleted and I can barely get a day at best !

I have gotten 4+ days on one charge but it's because of the ROM I'm on. Not sure how good yours is. I have seen people mention using Greenify to improve battery life as well as freezing apps they don't use but I haven't done it myself. Sorry :(

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have gotten 4+ days on one charge but it's because of the ROM I'm on. Not sure how good yours is. I have seen people mention using Greenify to improve battery life as well as freezing apps they don't use but I haven't done it myself. Sorry :(

What particular ROM is yourself on ?! I have a used Greenify and I've noticed a good improvement, App usage used to account for 90% + of my battery drain and now its barely 50% with the screen taking the most battery life despite the fact I have it set to 0% brightness. I'd like a good ROM which allows great customization but allows for HUGE battery life.
Every time I read on forums where people say their phone lasts them a weekend, I can't help but be in envy and your saying 4+ days on 1 charge is mind blowing ! Please Help !

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What particular ROM is yourself on ?! I have a used Greenify and I've noticed a good improvement, App usage used to account for 90% + of my battery drain and now its barely 50% with the screen taking the most battery life despite the fact I have it set to 0% brightness. I'd like a good ROM which allows great customization but allows for HUGE battery life.
Every time I read on forums where people say their phone lasts them a weekend, I can't help but be in envy and your saying 4+ days on 1 charge is mind blowing ! Please Help !

I'm using SlimBean 4.3 but my phone is an S4. Screen still uses the same percentage of the battery but the idle time is really good allowing for more of it being available for when you actually need it

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm using SlimBean 4.3 but my phone is an S4. Screen still uses the same percentage of the battery but the idle time is really good allowing for more of it being available for when you actually need it

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Is this ROM available for the HTC One and can I ask on average, from 100% to battery depletion, how long does your phone last ( I know I won't get the same results)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Is this ROM available for the HTC One and can I ask on average, from 100% to battery depletion, how long does your phone last ( I know I won't get the same results)
http://www.teamandroid.com/2013/08/13/update-att-htc-one-android-43-slim-bean-rom/
That's for the AT&T model. I don't which carrier you're on but there should be others as well
Screenshot_2013-11-18-22-12-40.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-18-22-12-52.jpg
This is the best I've gotten but the average is around 6 hours of screen time. Usually have brightness on auto for about half of the day and the rest at 1/4 of the way since I don't need it that bright when indoors or late in the evening

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Update AT&T HTC One to Android 4.3 Slim Bean Custom ROM [How To] - Tutorial / Guide
That's for the AT&T model. I don't which carrier you're on but there should be others as well
View attachment 94189
View attachment 94188
This is the best I've gotten but the average is around 6 hours of screen time. Usually have brightness on auto for about half of the day and the rest at 1/4 of the way since I don't need it that bright when indoors or late in the evening

Thanks for your input, before rooting my phone I got my battery life up to over a day and now its gone down again. I can't seem to figure it out, I've slightly underclocked it and I'm not a heavy user as well. My screen brightness is set at 0% and it has a timeout of 30 seconds so its rarely on and even when it is, it consumes less power.
I've done some research on your ROM and it seems to be for the Samsung Galaxy range although i'm sure it will work just as well on the HTC One.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney