Not Getting Good Battery Life?

jason_bourne

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. So Ive had this phone for over a month now and really like it, but the battery life for me hasn't been as good as I wanted it to be. I'm on 4.3, non rooted, AT&T. I have almost every single Google service disabled that I don't need like Google+, Maps, Search, etc. I have battery saver turned on. I always delete running apps after I finish using them. Screen brightness is always at 30-40%. When I low signal, I turn on airplane mode. I've looked at almost every trick there is but I'm still not totally pleased. When I surf the internet like I am now writing this thread, I get a percent drop every minute to minute 30 seconds. Watching YouTube and Netflix eats my battery, and I know they should as they are battery hungry apps, but watching one episode of Futurama and I lose about 10%. I've downloaded Gsam monitor and nothing every runs high except Clash of Clans and Netflix, which are always above 50%. Other than that, it's always Android System sitting at 80%+. Right now since I've charged it it has gone from 96% to 69% within 1 hour 35 minutes, which my screen was on during that entire time except maybe 5 minutes when it was in my pocket. So sorry for the very unnecessary long post, but since I don't have a warranty on this phone I'm worried I won't be able to get it replaced if I have to. If I left anything about please tell me.

Thanks a bunch. :cool:

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey ... Right now since I've charged it it has gone from 96% to 69% within 1 hour 35 minutes, which my screen was on during that entire time except maybe 5 minutes when it was in my pocket. :
The two things that kill a battery the most are screen-on time and distance from the towers. If you are only getting one or two bars, the phone is putting out a relatively lot of power to communicate with the towers, compared to getting 4 to 5 bars. But not much you can do about that. The other thing, screen-on time, sucks up the juice. So for 1.5 hours, your battery dropped about 25%. If linear (probably not), that means you should get about 6 hours of screen-on time before the battery dies. Even 4 hours of screen on time is a lot.

BataHTC

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
What's going on with the battery? This is simply amazing. Since I did update to 4.3 my battery lasts for 5 h. Is there an app that will at least alleviate such rapid wear? I ask for help, it's a nightmare

Posted via Android Central App

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
What's going on with the battery? This is simply amazing. Since I did update to 4.3 my battery lasts for 5 h. Is there an app that will at least alleviate such rapid wear? I ask for help, it's a nightmare

Posted via Android Central App

This is definitely a specific problem, not a global 4.3 glitch.
I have really excellent battery life. Cannot complain at all.

But I'm on Sense 5.0, not 5.5

jason_bourne

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys!

So what I'm getting is actually pretty good? That's a relief to hear. I wasn't sure if I was getting good or bad battery life, which was supposed to be my main question in my OP. And yeah it really sucks living out in the countryside where you only get 3 bars max. I'm going to do a test sometime this week with me on airplane mode all day to see the percent difference vs. it on. But if I'm getting good battery life, that's great! Right now I'm at 30% with almost 4 hours, most of which was YouTube. Love this phone, honestly.

Here's to hoping 4.4 makes the battery even better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance