HTC One Home and Back Buttons do NOT turn off

joerivera

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Contrary to the posts I've seen (buttons do not turn ON), my issue is the inverse (buttons do not turn OFF)
My HTC One's Home and Back buttons are always lit, even if I turn off the device.
Is this a hardware or a software problem?
Could there be something I can install to fix it, i.e. like a missing driver?

This is a brand new phone, and out the box, the capacitive buttons are off.
When I turned it on, the lights were behaving fine and after using it for quite a few hours, I decided to reset the phone again since I wanted to set it up from scratch.
This is where I think the issue started.

This is how it looks like all the time, even when the phone is turned off:
IMG_20131127_120652.jpg

Appreciate any input guys.
Thanks

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Contrary to the posts I've seen (buttons do not turn ON), my issue is the inverse (buttons do not turn OFF)
My HTC One's Home and Back buttons are always lit, even if I turn off the device.
Is this a hardware or a software problem?
Could there be something I can install to fix it, i.e. like a missing driver?

This is a brand new phone, and out the box, the capacitive buttons are off.
When I turned it on, the lights were behaving fine and after using it for quite a few hours, I decided to reset the phone again since I wanted to set it up from scratch.
This is where I think the issue started.

This is how it looks like all the time, even when the phone is turned off:
View attachment 94118

Appreciate any input guys.
Thanks

Mine started doing this too yesterday after 3 months. But as soon as I locked and unlocked it stopped. Not sure what the issue was.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Now I've known the buttons to stay on for a few seconds after the phone appears to be off, but I am assuming that you are speaking of something more severe than that. I am also assuming that you completed your second setup, as my automatic suggestion would be to reset it again, just to see if the problem is a hiccup or slight glitch and nothing to concerning. Meanwhile you haven't said how long it has been like this, which goes back to MONDINGO's statement that his problem resolved it's self after the screen locked. Again I'm assuming that you've turned the phone on and off several times as well as the screen, and you've made sure your sensor in the upper left are clean, not that they would keep the buttons on when the phone is off, but I don't think this phone turns completely off. The reason I fell this way is because if you set an alarm and turn the phone off it will turn the phone on and sound the alarm.

colalounge

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I came here looking for a reason as to why mine won't turn on, or seem to turn on randomly.
I did a quick test and turned off all the lights in my room. The lights then came on.
But as I said in another post, Samsung spoiled me. They had an option to control the menu button lights.

joerivera

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Sensors are good, i.e light, proximity (tested using Android Sensor Box). I've had this phone for a week now. The home and back button lights do not turn off at all -- Even if the phone has been off for some time. I might try to reset the phone and see if that works, but I just want to cover all my bases first because I'd hate to load all my apps again, etc.

Robbin93

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same problem after my screen is being repared from damage. Even when i shut-down my device it stays on. Has anyone already fixed this problem? i seems to be a hardware problem. i've tried many resets and other setting changes..

Greetz Robbin

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci