Newbie with a few questions.

BrokenRecord

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
Lots of awesome info here and was hoping to get some questions answered (been an iPhone user since the first one) since I just got my HTC One in the mail for VZW.

1. How do I lock the screen? I mean, with the iphone, I would press the power button and the screen was locked, but with this, the screen will turn off when I press the power button but nothing is locked. Also, is there any other way to unlock the screen besides the power button? It seems like once that button breaks, I'm out of a phone!

2. Is there a way to disable the audio rocker while the phone is locked? I have been able to adjust ring volume and settings while the phone was locked.

3. I travel to Canada a lot (living in Michigan) and with the iPhone, I could turn off roaming easily or turn off data only so I can still get any emergency calls...how do I do this on the HTC? I looked everywhere (probably not hard enough) without success!

4. Is there a DND feature like the iPhone? Apart from a few important numbers (work, spouse), there are times that I do not want the phone to alert me - maybe it was a feature that I was really used to on the iPhone, but was hoping something similar existed

5. Is there a phone finding app for HTC? I know my Samsung Tablet has one, and obviously Apple did too which allowed me to wipe out anything or simply find my device.

Thanks!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1. settings-->security-->screenlock-->pin/password/pattern etc
settings-->security-->Automatically lock
settings-->security-->power button instantly locks

3. use app like power toggles or settings-->more-->mobile network-->data enabled [check/uncheck]

4. Sense 5.5 for HTC One: What's New look for do not disturb section

5. Android device manager.. its build in to Android https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
open "google settings"-->android device manager for settings

ToLopatka

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
5. Android device manager... watch out for the speakers though. It will scare the hell out of you as this will push for full volume ring.

2. It is not possible on the sense 5 that you probably have with the One.
You can walk around the problem with this Volume Control app or this one

Also, you might root your phone and remap the buttons...

BrokenRecord

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
1. settings-->security-->screenlock-->pin/password/pattern etc
settings-->security-->Automatically lock
settings-->security-->power button instantly locks

3. use app like power toggles or settings-->more-->mobile network-->data enabled [check/uncheck]

4. Sense 5.5 for HTC One: What's New look for do not disturb section

5. Android device manager.. its build in to Android https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
open "google settings"-->android device manager for settings

5. Android device manager... watch out for the speakers though. It will scare the hell out of you as this will push for full volume ring.

2. It is not possible on the sense 5 that you probably have with the One.
You can walk around the problem with this Volume Control app or this one

Also, you might root your phone and remap the buttons...

Appreciate the help!

anon(8215685)

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

My phone doesn't have this option (4.2.2). In case yours doesn't either, try here: settings > Mobile data (not on/off, press left of the on/off) > Data roaming. You'll then have these options: Allow access for all trips, Allow access only for this trip, and Deny data roaming access.