HTC One - No Idea what's going on

buckeye96

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One Developer Edition. Not rooted.

So this started a couple of weeks ago. I would quit an app and my icons on the screen would take a second or two to come back. odd. Over the time frame is has gotten worse where it sometimes takes 20 seconds for the screen to come back after quitting an app.

Today was the worst. Couldn't use the camera because it would only show in the viewfinder what was in front of the camera when you turned the app on. I am using 1.6 of 1.7 of available RAM and can't see where any one app is hogging it all. I haven't added any untrusted programs and the apps have been through the normal updates. I am running 4.3. The phone is starting to become unusable. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: No Idea what's going on

Time to bring out logcat!

logcat | Android Developers

May or may not help. I won't pretend to understand all the messages, but you might just be able to see something that stands out that's not normal, when the delays happen.

Otherwise, we don't really have that much info in your post to figure out what's going on, so debugging or a factory reset are the only 2 options I can see right now.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

Are you using a third-party launcher? If so, try restarting it. Nova has an option to do just that. I had a couple of lags on the home screen and restarting Nova solved it. I never saw that happening again, luckily.

If you are not using a third-party launcher, the only thing I can think of is uninstall the latest couple of apps you had installed and restart you One with the fast boot option in settings disabled to see if it helps.

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site

Factory reset usually solves these issues. Carefully add back the apps you use and leave off the ones you don't. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

buckeye96

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm not using a fast launcher. I read some more posts and saw that restarting it might help. So I uninstalled the GTA V ifruit app and Google hangouts and did the restart. Now my ram is sitting at 650-700. Much better. So is turning the phone off at least once a day not the same as doing a restart? I thinking it might be time to load a ROM.

Thanks for all the help.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The os automatically stops using what it does not need so you don't need to restart daily. Some people never restart their phones after getting them. Perhaps it was an app that you downloaded and then uninstalled? Any further issues, try a factory reset.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Probably an app that the OP installed. The One runs very well and manages resources quite efficiently. There's been no need to restart it periodically but you can try to see if it helps you. If the problem persists, try a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000