Bricked HTC One while installing 4.4

chakribandaru

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Please help. I was on HTC Sense and unlocked and rooted sucessfully. when I tried to install 4.4 ROM I got an
warning No file_contexts and got an
error set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E: Error in /sdcard/0/bigxie_m7_GPe_KRT16S_odexed-signed.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

I cannot go past HTC screen. Please help.

Thank you,
Chakri

chakribandaru

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes I can get into recovery mode. I'm having CWM.
When I tried again this morning, I got the htc logo screen and then a flash of google screen and then it turned to a blue screen and that's it.
It ran out of charge and when I charged it shows a battery sign for a while.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Let it charge for a while because you don't want it dying while you're in the middle of something.

Which HTC One do you have? (AT&T, Sprint, etc)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Look on XDA forums for a ROM you wanna flash. Download it (along with anything else the dev requires you to download) to your PC. Once your phone is charged, go into recovery and hook your phone up to your PC. There should be an option to mount your Virtual SD card so you can access it's files through the PC. Once you do that, copy the ROM (and all it's applicable goodies) to your virtual SD card. You should be able to locate the files from your phone now and flash them.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-att

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
According to the filename you listed that appears to be a HTC One Google edition Rom.

Are you setup to run Google edition?

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would locate the AT&T RUU for the HTC One and follow the directions to restore it back to stock /working order

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried to install new RUU but mine is S-on and Hboot-1.55. I could not find RUU for these specs. I stired rumrunner to S-Off but that failed too. :'(
The S-ON and Hboot shouldn't matter. You should still be able to run the RUU, and I know the devs made up a RUU for 4.3 on the Sprint HTC One model so I would think there should be something available for the GSM/AT&T model too..

S OFF for most of us is good for being able to flash different versions of bootloaders and also for removing the tampered tag in the event you want to go back to stock and lock it all back up for warranty work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool