How do you change the camera picture resolution?

Fire4Effect

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe I have to ask this, but where do I go to change the image quality for the camera on the htc one? I need to lower it and for the life of me I can't see where. Seems like a pretty basic feature, would be shocking if it didn't exist.

lupos

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
it's only 4mp to begin with. How small of a picture do you want the thing to take? I understand with a galaxy you might not always want 16mp worth of data for each photo but the one takes pretty small images. I'm just guessing that's why there is no option.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
it's only 4mp to begin with. How small of a picture do you want the thing to take? I understand with a galaxy you might not always want 16mp worth of data for each photo but the one takes pretty small images. I'm just guessing that's why there is no option.

Yep. You can change the crop, however (widescreen to standard), in the camera settings.

Fire4Effect

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

While I suppose that makes some sense, my ancient HTC Desire had an option to change image resolution and that camera was much worse than this one. Weird to remove the option.