HTC One: Anyone in Dubai/Uae managed to get HTC to repair camera purple tint?

maneck35

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my HTC one a few months back and have started to notice the purple tint. I emailed HTC about it and their response was along the lines of upgrading to 4.3 (which I already have) and resetting the phone. If this doesn't work, then I should contact the service centre.

I'll be doing this soon but I wanted to know if its of any use and whether anyone in the uae has had this issue fixed by HTC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone in Dubai/Uae managed to get HTC to repair camera purple tint?

Tell HTC you're in Dubai and a member of a royal family and that you want your NEW GOLD/White GOLD HTC One overnighted or someone's head is gonna roll!

Just kidding. That was an attempt at a joke...a little Monday morning levity.

I would think they'd be able to handle service issues in Dubai/UAE, but they can tell you any location-related exceptions that may affect you.

maneck35

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Tell HTC you're in Dubai and a member of a royal family and that you want your NEW GOLD/White GOLD HTC One overnighted or someone's head is gonna roll!

Just kidding. That was an attempt at a joke...a little Monday morning levity.

I would think they'd be able to handle service issues in Dubai/UAE, but they can tell you any location-related exceptions that may affect you.

Lol I called them up and they gave me the same routine crap to format my phone etc. I'll be calling their service centre tomorrow to see if they're replacing the camera module for this issue.

And nothing wrong with jokes .. that's what forums are for :p

maneck35

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Just wanted to update the thread in case anybody else is looking for help like me.

I gave in my HTC One to Technocare (Authorised HTC Service Centre in Dubai) today after much consideration because the tint was getting worse.

They took in the phone without any hassles and said that they'd be replacing the camera module. They've asked me to wait for 4 working days, which is much better than the 2-3 weeks that I was expecting reading the experiences of customers in the US.

Hopefully the issue is fixed without any hassles. I'll update this thread once I get my phone back.

UPDATE: Got my phone back within 4 working days. The camera module/sensor has been replaced and it works perfectly as of now. My phone was rooted and the bootloader was unlocked but I don't think that mattered to them. They just needed my phone to be formatted so I just performed a Factory Wipe using TWRP and re-flashed a stock ROM.

Last edited:

bibykbabu

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Just wanted to update the thread in case anybody else is looking for help like me.

I gave in my HTC One to Technocare (Authorised HTC Service Centre in Dubai) today after much consideration because the tint was getting worse.

They took in the phone without any hassles and said that they'd be replacing the camera module. They've asked me to wait for 4 working days, which is much better than the 2-3 weeks that I was expecting reading the experiences of customers in the US.

Hopefully the issue is fixed without any hassles. I'll update this thread once I get my phone back.

UPDATE: Got my phone back within 4 working days. The camera module/sensor has been replaced and it works perfectly as of now. My phone was rooted and the bootloader was unlocked but I don't think that mattered to them. They just needed my phone to be formatted so I just performed a Factory Wipe using TWRP and re-flashed a stock ROM.

May I know how muchit cost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy