How to eliminate a widget from the phone...

rgfcpq

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I made the mistake of installing the Dashclock widget on my HTC One. It does not do what I want it to and therefore I don't need it. Unfortunately, it continues to run a process even though I don't utilize it on any of my screens. There is no "App" to uninstall, and when I try to delete the widget from the list of available widgets, I can't figure it out. Any ideas on how to do this?

thanks,
Ray

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I made the mistake of installing the Dashclock widget on my HTC One. It does not do what I want it to and therefore I don't need it. Unfortunately, it continues to run a process even though I don't utilize it on any of my screens. There is no "App" to uninstall, and when I try to delete the widget from the list of available widgets, I can't figure it out. Any ideas on how to do this?

thanks,
Ray

Settings>Apps>Scroll down to Dashclock and click on it. This is the App info screen. You should see a button for uninstall.
Alternate is to go to Play>your Apps>click on Dashclock, and uninstall that way.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No sweat. That series of steps allows for disabling of apps and disabling notifications from apps.

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC forums app.