Syncing MS Outlook Contacts

jswalters

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I want to sync my Outlook contacts with my HTC One but so far have not been able to do so. I tried HTC Sync with no luck, Anyone know a good (and not to complicated way) to get my contacts from Outlook to my phone?

jeff

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It depends on which kind of account(s) do you have on Outlook. If they are Outlook.com/Hotmail you don't need anything else, just add the account as Exchange on the One or download the Outlook app from the Play Store. The same for Yahoo! mail.

If the account is from work or third-party/unknown service, you can sync them using SnapPea, Moborobo or Mobogenie. SnapPea was the mos complete and its interface was better than the others. Try them. They work well and can also back up or sync other things like sms, music, apps, etc.

Artess

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an Android phone yet, but I'm thinking about buying one, and I, too, am wondering whether, for example, the official Outlook.com app is the one that could do the job? Sync contacts, calendar, and everything, over the network? I'm too dependent on all the Outlook services and really hope I'll be able to use them in full as if I was using a Windows Phone (which I really like, but, sadly, my old one broke, and there are no new ones that would feel new enough).

politzer

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the S4 and had been using the Outlook.com app. I edit my contacts on my computer in Outlook under that hotmail account and it's always synced up just fine with the Android through the app. I had to do a factory reset today and the look of the contacts is different and it's not bringing over all the information. Any suggestions?

AVuser

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I am looking to buy HTC One, but HTC says that the Notes section within each Contact in outlook will not sync with the phone. As per HTC, only contacts created on the phone can Sync back to outlook (seems very stupid to me). Can anyone confirm this please as this is very important feature for me. I have lots of details inside each contact under notes, some more than 2000 characters, on my outlook and I need this to be available on my phone. It has been working well with my HTC sansation which is now 2 years old so I thought I should upgrade. But if HTC One doesnt allow this, I wont be buying it. I bought Samsung Galaxy S4 but can not get to Sync with Outlook using Samsung Kies, wasted more than 5 days now.

lorenatreece

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
in response to this post above. >>>>> (I've been using Go Contact Sync to sync between Outlook and Google contacts. It's very simple to use and it even syncs pictures too. )

;)This program rocks, thank you for the info. It was so easy to use and took less than 5 minutes !!