[RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a facebook google play update

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm new on Android, after using Apple for years. I downloaded the 3.8 Android app, but how do I get it on my HTC ONE?
(Yes I'm a DUMMY...)

Go in to your app drawer and press downloads and it will be there. You may have to have install from unknown sources ticked but that option will be presented to you upon trying to install. Once unknown sources is ticked just go back to downloads and install, update to the latest version via play store and your all up to date.

Paskanaama

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
When i try to click on the download button this comes up, Download location for: facebook 3.8 external mirror 1 external mirror 2 what should i take?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm new on Android, after using Apple for years. I downloaded the 3.8 Android app, but how do I get it on my HTC ONE?
(Yes I'm a DUMMY...)

Welcome to the forums.
Put the file on your phone by connecting the cable to your PC. Drag and drop the file, click settings>security>check unknown sources. Open up the .apk file and click install.

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC Forums app.

Leon van der Leer

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I did it.
Go in to your app drawer and press downloads and it will be there. You may have to have install from unknown sources ticked but that option will be presented to you upon trying to install. Once unknown sources is ticked just go back to downloads and install, update to the latest version via play store and your all up to date.

Gom8z

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
When i try to click on the download button this comes up, Download location for: facebook 3.8 external mirror 1 external mirror 2 what should i take?

Either...... websites give you two download locations to share the load. So it makes no difference.

Thanks Frankie btw, I see also you can now download further versions from google play to. awesome!

Amanda Chard

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've just tried this on my new HTC One which arrived today and it's not working. Am I meant to do this on the phone or via he PC, I haven't connected the phone to the PC yet. So frustrating - please help!

Paskanaama

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to setup secure and click in the allow unknown download thing while u are downloading it when u are done u can unclick it worked for me this way

Sandrine Gauvin

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
hello,
i am french . i have the same problem with a kids' tablet , i buy it for my daugther for this Christmas and i can't put games, and applis o the tablet because of (RPC:s-3) and iam not on Facebook. i have no hotline for this tablet . HELP!!!!!!!
Sandrine

YiannisK

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
my wife's Sony NeoV have the same problem on all applications.
It cannot download anything from Play Store, not even updates.
It getting the S-3 error all the time.
Dumping the cache did not help. Unknown sources is checked too.
Any ideas ?

Gom8z

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
People.... don't be your own downfall and make sure you read the entire thread. The RPC:S-3 error appears to be a problem with the base version of a product not working with the new google play app. Hence you need to go to product's source website and then download the latest update (ie the mobile "*.apk" file).

Below is an example if your issue is with facebook. If it is, you need to download the link shown in the below quoted message and then run that file from your phone. This thread also covers how to find the file and run it on your phone.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND PEOPLE... LAZYNESS ISN'T!

Worked for me too! I grabbed it from here: Download Facebook 3.8.apk Android app and even though it's a system app, it let me basically install that .apk as an update, and then I could update from the Play store just fine. Thanks dude!

Hughesers

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I cant download anything from Play on my brand new Galaxy S4 mini. Have tried resetting the google account, restting apps, allowing unsigned sources etc, nothng works. Every app download fails with the same error, RPC:S-3. I did manage to download facebook via the above method, but I really dont want to do this for all my apps. Any ideas?

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't have to, the above method is only for a facebook error and not every app on the play store. The Facebook error has since gone and is now up and running again.

shaneroberts

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a google play update

OK, this happened to my phone yesterday (Samsung Galaxy Note 3). Wife and I upgraded phones to the Note 3. Her's worked fine and downloaded from play store, mine didn't and got the error message [RPC:S-3] on every single play update or download, so nothing could be released from the play store. Called AT&T and BS tech's said they aren't responsible for Google Play. So here's what I did while tech was on the phone: I went to my wife's phone and downloaded the same apps that was coming up on mine with this error. Then I told tech that it's an issue with MY phone, and not Google Play. Tech then merged a Samsung direct tech on the line. This tech made me do a factory reset. I then set it up again and all worked and this error message went away. HERE'S WHAT I THINK THE PROBLEM IS: this setup procedure is different from the previous phones I had in one way - when you initially setup your email address to start the phone, you have to manually select or register it as a GOOGLE account, using the GOOGLE setting and not the EMAIL setting. The EMAIL icon is the same red/white color as the GMAIL icon so I assumed this was Google direct. It isn't. You MUST select it as a GOOGLE account, not email. I didn't do this step the first time which is why the play store came back with that error (it was thinking it's a non-Google email or something). This has to be a stupid software glitch that even the tech I spoke to had no clue of (they didn't recognize this error code). BOTTOM LINE here is reset your phone (factory reset) and when you get to the step to enter your email, make sure you select it to associate with the GOOGLE icon or account, and not the "EMAIL" account. FYI, I have multiple Google accounts and thought this was the issue, but it's not. It has to be the set up and a glitch which tricks the phone that if GOOGLE isn't selected, it won't accept it for play store verification or something like that...

Hughesers

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
didn't work for me. tried that and clear the cache and data in Google Play Store app. then open google play and add an existing account. has anyone tried signing in as a different google account to see if it works on their device? would be interesting to know it is the account or the device thats all. I also tried to get help from Google, this all but impossible, chris.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Try this one minute video someone posted about the Google Play fix. (You could also reset app preferences.)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VDc-JwbauAM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVDc-JwbauAM

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Gom8z

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hughes sorry to sound rude but you havent read the thread at all. The fixes you have tried are for an rpc-5 error. Explain your problem in more detail. Ie what app works.... Which dont.. and you will get your solution i assure you

drummertje115

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
same problem with my sony xperia Z
tried everything, i have found in this forum.

downloaded the facebook3.8.apk and the facebook3.9.apk
made many changes that it finally was possible to setup.
than there came the message facebook not installed...

what is left to do now?? please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol