Ok, so I accidentally deleted the OS on my ONE... Help Please.

scjohnson1172

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm sure you guys just love these kinds of threads, especially when people do stupid things that make you want to shake your head. So here's my story.
I did a manual update of the stock rom with the RUU from HTC's site. Everything was going fine until I went to re-root the phone at which time I checked the box to delete system along with dalvik, cache, and data....woops. So, I spent the next six hours last night trying everything I could find on various forums to fix this brick. I was stock rooted with S-off. I am now S-off with the newest Twrp installed. I tried adb sideloading various ROMs and a couple of nandroid backups...it failed everytime. I can't see the internal storage when I plug the phone into the computer. I can get information back from a getvar all, but nothing from list or show devices at the command line. I am at a loss at this point as there is obviously something else going on here that is keeping from flashing a .zip on this thing.

I know there are a great many other things most on here would rather be doing this time of year, but I would appreciate any help as I won't be able to get ahold of anybody on christmas with my phone dead... :(

Thanks,

Scott

scjohnson1172

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, pushed TmobileUSA.zip to /media/data/.... so it's in the phone. However after clearing everything and trying to flash the .zip, it failed.
Everything always fails... well, at least I can get something on the internal storage. Any more ideas?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you're going thru it. This is one of the reasons I like SD cards. Put it in your computer and load any rom you want, pop it in your phone and flash.

Alas this is not the case with the One and why I've been afraid to root this phone. Good luck man

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, pushed TmobileUSA.zip to /media/data/.... so it's in the phone. However after clearing everything and trying to flash the .zip, it failed.
Everything always fails... well, at least I can get something on the internal storage. Any more ideas?

Sorry you're going thru it. This is one of the reasons I like SD cards. Put it in your computer and load any rom you want, pop it in your phone and flash.

Alas this is not the case with the One and why I've been afraid to root this phone. Good luck man

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

scjohnson1172

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
You're right...actually, there is no excuse for not having removable storage on any phone. But that said, the One is a good phone, if I can get it working again. And thanks for the words of support.

scjohnson1172

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Ran Ruu from Fastboot...that fails. It's like there is something else missing from the phone besides the OS... I do have the right drivers as HTC link fires up when I plug the phone in.

OGTyler

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Well download the ruu for t mobile https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...t%2Fhtc-one-t-mobile%2Fnews%2F&token=Bveh67jN here I think that's the one u have. Go in to bootloader and connect to Ur pc and make sure u click the top one that says boot loader. And it's says like fastboot ac or whatever at the top to male sure it connected and run through the set thats how I fixed my brick my os deleted it happens hoped this help. Note u may have to try it 3 or more times until it works I had too

Posted via Android Central App

scjohnson1172

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, after three evenings and most of Christmas later, I'm back in business. Twrp backup, adb pull the backup, delete that group of archived files and replaced with a backup from teh internetz, adb push back into phone, Twrp restore...all is fine after RUU to 4.3. The forums were indespensible and I learned a lot about how these things work. So thanks to all who helps those in need.

scjohnson1172

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I was sweating it for a few days... Figured I was going to be ordering a Nexus 5 or something...lol

I do have a couple of issues now that I'm on 4.3, but hopefully somebody else on the T-Mobile forum has some insight into them. WiFi calling notification cant be made to go away permanently. And Google Now doesn't start from the home key...

Small problems considering I had a brick for a few days!!!

Tran My

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey scjohnson1172 , so it seems you got it working again! Mind if you help me out alittle? Im currently on CWM touch, should i switch to TWRP? and what should i do, because everything fails for me too :[

scjohnson1172

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey scjohnson1172 , so it seems you got it working again! Mind if you help me out alittle? Im currently on CWM touch, should i switch to TWRP? and what should i do, because everything fails for me too :[

Sorry for not replying. I haven't been on the forum since I fixed my issue. I was using twrp. What I ended up doing was creating a backup (the backup didn't contain much data because I didn't have to OS installed) I used adb pull to fetch the backup onto my computer. I found a working backup from the web and replaced my backup files with those (you have to keep the original backup file name that your recovery made). Then adb push the modified backup onto the phone. Perform a recovery of your backup. I got a backup from somewhere in germany and the language and radios were messed up, however it G least got me back up and running to where I could use the RUU from t-mobile and put the correct ROM back onto the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Gavin Colebank

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I did the same stupid thing i need help to fix it my computer is not recognizing that i plugged it in plz help me:':)':)':)'(

OK, I did the same thing. So. You need to download a Android SDK to your PC and use abd push to push the latest TWRP to your phone. Make sure you download the one for your phone. Then download the ROM you want on your PC and transfer it to your phone. Or you can get a Sd card and put the ROM on there, then insert it into your phone, and install it! Hope this helps :)

Gavin Colebank

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I would. But, there is an easy way to do this!!! Get an SD card. Inset it I to your PC, download the ROM you want on your PC. Transfer the ROM from your PC to your SD card! Then take it out of your PC, insert it Into your phone. And go to install in CMOD (or twrp if you switched) make sure you are on the SD card files. And install the ROM. I did this to my One M8

Aarya Medhekar

May 14, 2018
Visit site
Hello guys.
Same thing happened with me in my oppo neo5, model no 1201.
I tried downloading the color os from my computer, then put it in the sd card, and tried flashing it via recovery mode. But it says that update shall take 3 minutes and then suddenly says install failed. Please help me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar