droid smileys

Liam Moy

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have the HTC one and can't seem to find the droid faces people use on Twitter. I can get the regular smileys by long holding but they don't show up as droid faces

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Emoji are font-based, so it really depends on which firmware you're on... The 'stock' font for Android 4.3 is a black-and-white standard 'smiley' emoji, and the one for 4.4 is color, Google-hangouts-like emoji. However, manufacturers can change the font and display emojis differently; for instance, the Galaxy S4 displayed emojis in green, Android faces while the newer Samsung devices now show a more cartoonish, Whatsapp-like emoji. The code is the same, but how it looks like depends on where you're displaying that code (that's why most Macs can display emojis but not most PCs).

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have the HTC one and can't seem to find the droid faces people use on Twitter. I can get the regular smileys by long holding but they don't show up as droid faces

Emoji are built into whichever app you're using. For example, Textra has a bunch of emoji. The stock messaging app on the One, the Sense text messaging app, doesn't have emoji - or at least not much.

Bottom line, if you want emoji in twitter you probably need to install a keyboard that has emoji, or find a twitter app that has emoji. For texting you can use textra or I'm sure other apps have it, like Google Hangouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol