Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    t_p

Default video processing/compression

Curious what you folks are doing in post with your videos. I took a straight hour of video with my phone Christmas morning to later discover that it is 10gigs in size...

It's of my kids unwrapping gifts and stuff so don't want to trim it or chop it really.. I haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming youtube won't let me upload that, so what's the best way to deal with this monster file?

Thanks

Default Re: video processing/compression

You could try cloud storage or even taking it from your phone and putting it on to your computer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    t_p

It's already on my computer.. I just want to share it. I suppose the answer to this is that I shouldn't have recorded a straight full hour at high quality in the first place..

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

Dropbox. Not sure how else you'd do it.

Sharing a gb file will take forever to upload. Even to cloud storage. I hope you have fast Internet.

Put it on Rapidshare or such and then send the download code to your friends.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Or if your phone's data is faster than your internet upload speed, I agree with using drop box or such.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

I use VideoKit to compress video's for sharing. It's not real intuitive to use but it works! It's best & worst feature is you can choose how much compression to apply to a video. With so many options for compression it can be frustrating to achieve the desired results. Now that I've learned how to use VideoKit I can easily get the amount of compression needed.

Global Posts
    13,691 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I think the best way to share this is to upload it to YouTube in HQ. This way people you share it with don't have to download a file that large then worry about watching it across multiple devices. You can also set limits to who can see it, for example people with a link.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    mrsmumbles likes this.