Upgrade to HTC One or wait?

hallmr09

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Droid Razr right now that has started to slow down considerably, and has terrible battery life. I'm due for an upgrade at the end of January and have been considering the HTC One as my next phone. Do you guys think that I should wait for a few months and see what comes out in March or April, or should I just get the HTC One now? I know it's almost a year old at this point, and I'm not sure how its specs are holding up compared to the other phones that are out there.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Droid Razr right now that has started to slow down considerably, and has terrible battery life. I'm due for an upgrade at the end of January and have been considering the HTC One as my next phone. Do you guys think that I should wait for a few months and see what comes out in March or April, or should I just get the HTC One now? I know it's almost a year old at this point, and I'm not sure how its specs are holding up compared to the other phones that are out there.

It's specs will hold their own for a while but since the next HTC and most likely the gs5 will be coming by April or may, I would wait if you can.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Specs are still impressive. The phone is really smooth and overall I like using it. Nice upgrade in my opinion.

That said there should be some nice phones popping here soon like the s5.

If I were to buy right now it would be the LGG2 or the nexus 5

I'm getting a replacement One this week due to some crazy issues but I've really enjoyed it so far

Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Well there's a lot of things to keep in mind. The HTC One 2 is supposed to release in March or so. Don't quote me on that because it could be before or later. So with that being said I would personally wait for that which will be HTC's next flagship device. However the HTC One is a great device and I absolutely love it. But the Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5 and LG G2 blow the HTC One out the water with specs such as 2.3 ghtz quad core processors with Snapdragon 800 Pro cpu's. So in that category the HTC One doesn't compete. Also, last but not least software is a big selling point as to why I say you should wait and buy the HTC One 2. It will run Htc Sense 6.0 with the newest version of Kitkat. The current HTC One is scheduled to get Kitkat in January with Sense 5.5, but may not be updated to 6.0. So all in all like I said I love my HTC One, but after awhile it's not going to hold up with top of the line specs that's why I say you should buy a newer device.
Hope this helped!

Posted via Android Central App

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hold out bro. There are going to be some amazing phones out in the next 6 months and you don't want to be caught wanting them after spending money on the one.

hegalong

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I just received my HtC ONE Blue last friday and I really like it. If you like to make some videos then you'll definitely fell in-love with the HTC Zoe. Crystal clear music, i like the Blinkfeed to keep me updated, nice photos...etc. Its much better than my L920 and iphone4 :)

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are in the US, the One can be found for $49 at Best Buy currently. Still voted best phone of 2013 by many sites and 9 months after release- It still Rocks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae