Battery life issue

dmachop

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I'm new to the forum and I guess that this is the right place to post HTC One's battery issues.
I usually charge my phone to full and as soon as it is on battery, it doesn't last more than a day. Majority of tasks involve Wi-Fi usage, Calls for about an hour and some music/ casual browsing.
I've installed a few battery saver apps such as battery doctor and AIO Toolbox and didn't know which app drains the most. Are battery saver apps concern as I use these frequently to kill the background tasks when idle for about a few minutes (it's a feature of these apps).
Is it possible to detect which apps use the power most and how long should I keep the phone running on battery?

I've attached the power history.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-01-13-09-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-13-09-44.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 31

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Task killers in general aren't that useful for battery life, and in fact might contribute to increased battery usage, especially if they are automatically killing tasks. The issue is that certain apps will often restart on their own, depending on the programming or function, and the Android OS in general likes to keep RAM moderately full of open apps in order to make app opening and switching more efficient. If you kill a task, that takes power; if that task opens again on its own, that takes power. If this cycle occurs a lot, then you'll end up having more battery drain than just leaving the app alone. Task killers are best used to target apps that seem to be malfunctioning and "going rogue."

Here are some more battery saving tips: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Task killers lost their place when Android 4.0 was released. App management made leaps and bounds with the OS platform.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax