HTC One+

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. But the Damn phones are becoming to big. I like my one and its size!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
if i get the sense 6.0 update on my One ill be happy :)

don't care much about the boost in specs at this point since mine handles everything i throw at it very well still.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
if i get the sense 6.0 update on my One ill be happy :)

don't care much about the boost in specs at this point since mine handles everything i throw at it very well still.

I have an HTC One X that I switch between 4.2.2 with sense 5 and stock 4.4. It runs great and it can take a beating. I understand how you feel.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
They'll lose Boom Sound. For what, a .3" bigger screen? I think they just feel they have to offer an upgraded phone after a year. Just my .02

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
as opposed to offering an upgraded phone every 5 years?

i don't think any phone manufacturer would last very long if they don't upgrade their phones at least once a year.

They should at least try to make it a true upgrade... rather then small increases in screen size.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
They should at least try to make it a true upgrade... rather then small increases in screen size.

and what would a "true upgrade" mean?

they are upgrading the processor to the new snapdragon 805, the camera apparently is getting dual lenses or something of the sort and perhaps updated to 6 or 8 ultrapixels...

it will get the corning gorilla glass 3.

the design of the phone will remain the same apparently but htc has not yet revealed everything that will be changed from the htc one.

fact is the htc one is still a great phone by any standard even after 8 or 9 months and it is difficult to improve it short of a total overhaul. yet, many will look at its specs (check the xperia z1 comparison thread) and complain about the snapdragon 600 processor as "being dated" or other nonsense so naturally htc has to close the doors to such attacks by producing specs that will be relevant in 2014.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
and what would a "true upgrade" mean?

they are upgrading the processor to the new snapdragon 805, the camera apparently is getting dual lenses or something of the sort and perhaps updated to 6 or 8 ultrapixels...

it will get the corning gorilla glass 3.

the design of the phone will remain the same apparently but htc has not yet revealed everything that will be changed from the htc one.

fact is the htc one is still a great phone by any standard even after 8 or 9 months and it is difficult to improve it short of a total overhaul. yet, many will look at its specs (check the xperia z1 comparison thread) and complain about the snapdragon 600 processor as "being dated" or other nonsense so naturally htc has to close the doors to such attacks by producing specs that will be relevant in 2014.

The usual big change for OEM's is things like bigger screens or something like that. I still have a phone with a Snapdragon S4 and it works great. The Snapdragon 600 processor is by no means a weak cpu. If this rumor is true, I'm just glad HTC decided to change.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The usual big change for OEM's is things like bigger screens or something like that. I still have a phone with a Snapdragon S4 and it works great. The Snapdragon 600 processor is by no means a weak cpu. If this rumor is true, I'm just glad HTC decided to change.

the screen is rumored to be increased to 4.9 inches or 5.

whilst it might seem like a small difference not everyone wants to carry a TV in their pocket. and there's the one max for those who do.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
the screen is rumored to be increased to 4.9 inches or 5.

whilst it might seem like a small difference not everyone wants to carry a TV in their pocket. and there's the one max for those who do.

Which I don't think is selling very well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000