Can no longer access second a third gmail account, google removed options to add one (intuitively)

htconehelp

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Looks like google pulled a Windows 8 and traded style for substance with their recent gmail andriod update. I no longer have the ability to add additional gmail accounts. I do the settings - accounts/syncs - mail. I see two accounts, but when I go to gmail app only one. Originally I had three emails that I could easily switch to WITHIN the gmail app.

So what's the deal? What do I do? Are there third party email apps that allow me to use gmail the way I USED TO?!

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you not click at the top? Should bring down all your accounts. I'm using two accounts right now

Posted via Android Central App

htconehelp

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow I figured it out. I was FORCED to create a google PLUS account LOL. Andriod would not let me add my gmail accounts without going through google plus.

This is pathetic. Google plus is awful, everyone knows it. They know it. Why else would they be forcing it down our throats in horrible ways like this.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This is pathetic. Google plus is awful, everyone knows it. They know it. Why else would they be forcing it down our throats in horrible ways like this.
They're integrating their products while also trying to drive adoption. I see nothing wrong with that, though I don't share your opinion on G+.

Oliver Buxton

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Blimy, not the easiest or even remotely intuitive method but achieved my goal. Can now switch between Gmail accounts or even set up a separate widget for each one. Did not really want to set up my secondary email on Google+ but that tip did work...

Thanks for figuring that out htconehelp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463