Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Home Button Held Down When Not Holding It Down

Tonight my One seems to be registering the home/menu button as being held down when I press or tap it normally. It's not happening every time, but it's regular, and incredibly annoying. I have a screen cover on it, but I've had the thing for a year now and not had any issues whatsoever, also there are no bubbles or anything under the screen cover so I really don't think it's that. I have the official hard case, I've tried removing the bottom piece and making sure it's completely clean etc but that doesn't seem to have done anything. Also tried fully restarting, shutting down and turning back on, altering the home button settings back to Google now (which is even more irritating when this bug), but it's still doing it.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Any solutions?

Edit - I'm also noticing double tapping the home button to open multitasking is very difficult, the double tap is being recognised as a hold.