09-28-2016 09:44 AM
28 12
tools
    My HTC one so charging power Off, No charge wall charger and USB mode
    My Phone Power Off, charging, the LED turns red, then turns orange, then turns off. And the process is repeated. The LED never turns on green.

While holding Power, Vol Up and Vol simultaneous down, for 2 minutes or nothing happens. After 10 minutes charge. It did not work.
    I hold the buttons, htc one is restarting.

Already tried to delete batterystatus.bin (data/system/) nothing happens.
    Applications used to calibrate the battery and unsuccessful.

HTC one m7, 6 months of use. I've tested many cables, original and other brands.
    I performed factory reset, original rom.

Im From Brazil, in Brazil there is not servicing of HTC.

Anyone got the solution?

Google Translator, sorry
    01-07-2014 06:52 AM
    The led only turns green when it is fully charged, perhaps you have used all the battery completely up and need to leave it on charge for about an hour and see if that helps? Otherwise you could try a factory reset?
    01-07-2014 07:56 AM
    The led only turns green when it is fully charged, perhaps you have used all the battery completely up and need to leave it on charge for about an hour and see if that helps? Otherwise you could try a factory reset?
    Dave, I already let about 16 hours charging (Realized that carries up to 99%). And never lights the green LED.
    Led flashes red, then orange, then turns off the LED. And repeats.

Already tried the reset, put official rom, and always the same thing happens.
    I'm currently with Custom ROM Maximum HD. I have tried several ROMS Custon Official RUU

Just make a video. ( )
    See, the power ON Phone is not charging
    In fastboot it charging (without LED), clicked in power Off (fastboot), then Powered Off, The red LED light.

Turning on the phone again, no charge.
    01-07-2014 09:03 AM
    Have you tried a different plug/cable and wall socket? Any one of these could be the fault. Try them and then we shall see where we can go next.
    01-07-2014 09:12 AM
    Have you tried a different plug/cable and wall socket? Any one of these could be the fault. Try them and then we shall see where we can go next.
    Yes, I tried 3 different cables.
    In 3 different locations.

original HTC cable, the old cable from my HTC DESIRE HD, a cable and a Sansung smartphone.

Connected to the wall, and also connected to the USB.

Strange that HTC ONE charge off, will is a problem physical ?
    01-07-2014 09:19 AM
    01-07-2014 09:20 AM
    Thank you very much. I do not know how to thank you. I'm really happy now. After 1 week worked.

I hold the POWER, VOL DOWN, and placed opposite the light from the PC monitor to 2 sensors HTC ONE.
    15 Seconds.

Thank YOU Dave.
    01-07-2014 10:20 AM
    I'm glad it worked. Take care bro :-)
    01-07-2014 10:37 AM
    Hi,
    Yesterday worked perfectly.
    However, the HTC ONE discharged, I was trying to put the wall charger, and does not Charge again, only powered off.

I tried to do the trick of the light, now does not work again. Wont Charge.
    01-08-2014 06:31 AM
    Did you let it discharge all the way? I'm not sure if it's healthy for battery's to fully discharge before recharging.
    01-08-2014 10:49 AM
    Yes Dave,
    left to begin recharging of 0%.
    But the problem came back, and now tried to do the trick of the light, and does not work.
    01-08-2014 12:35 PM
    i have same problem....(
    03-15-2014 09:51 AM
    I have the same problem, if you find out something let now i will as well
    03-17-2014 04:17 PM
    I have the same problem. my htc one won't charge
    04-15-2014 03:47 AM
    It was reported early on in the HTC One release that allowing the battery to fully discharge or turn its self off was bad. Please keep this in mind. Holding the volume up and powering on is supposed to simulate a battery pull. I've seen a thread that holding both volume buttons and powering on for a minute or two is supposed to recalibrate the battery. During which the phone will restart over and over. Two other things you can do are take it into a corp store and have them check and clean the port. They will usually do this for free and that will tell you if you have some type of equipment failure also. Like a broken port or a non charging device. That is one down fall to not having capped or sealed ports and openings, it's very easy to get debris down in there.
    04-15-2014 07:54 AM
    hay David. i've seen a lot of answers for the issues with the htc one m7 but the issue i currently have is that my unit wont show the charging light but if it is attached to the computer via usb, the computer gives the indicator sound that the device is connected. the screen on the phone doesnt come on and the charging light doesnt come on either. do you know if their are any troubleshooting steps that can be done on this to turn it back on?
    07-12-2014 04:49 PM
    David,

I have the same issue. Just began this last week. T Mobile began to push the 5.14.531.1 update. A day later this problem occurred. I've tried everything to date on the thread without any positive outcome what so ever. I hope someone with a solution writes a post to save the day here. It seems more and more people are having this issue.
    07-22-2014 11:19 AM
    Folks,
    Same problem, happened during an overseas trip, persisted for a couple of days. I tried the power-button-volume-button-light-source-on-proximity-detector voodoo; no luck. Did the factory reset (hold volume button down, then while holding volume button down, press the power button for 5 seconds). Talked to (very good) HTC support today (google "HTC support phone number"). We went into recovery mode (selected from the same factory reset screen) and then did a deep factory reset (wipes all user data, which a factory reset doesn't).

No go, all of it.

If the voodoo worked for you, congratulations. But the tech support guy said this is a hardware issue, possibly the motherboard.

Turns out I bought the phone one year and two days ago. Normally, companies relish informing you of this and then charging you $200 for a repair. HTC, in contrast, has a short, nebulous grace period, so I still qualify for a warranty swap program, for which I am most grateful. It's $19 if they receive my phone first, then send a fixed-up version -- or if I want to wait a few days longer, I can have my own phone back. The money covers two-day air shipping both directions. It's $29 if they send me a phone right away and then receive my phone later. They send UPS second-day air labels via email.

In short, if you're still under warranty, call HTC. And if you're not under warranty, you should probably still call HTC.
    08-10-2014 08:26 PM
    I had same problem. I tried this with HTC DESIRE 610, it worked. THANK YOU DAVE!!!!!

I am from IT sector and I didn't know this.
    06-21-2015 06:54 PM
    thank you so much i had this problem and i coldnt fix it and i traid anything and i was so mad and then i found your comment and it get fixd thank you so much
    07-09-2015 03:37 AM
    Hi,

My microphone stopped working so I bought a replacement for the microphone and usb port which are both in the same small board and once I had replaced it, it started to only charge when off and started doing exactly as described in the first post.

So what I did in my case was to desolder the microphone from the replacement board and then used that microphone to replace the old one in the old board.

In my case both boards are a bit different and the USB signals in the original has a really small IC and the replacement had only a couple of resistors. If you are replacing the board make sure you have one exactly like the one in the picture below to the bottom left.

HTC ONE Won't Charge, only powered off-sin-t-tulo.png

Here is the board with the microphone replaced. (Both had different microphones but both had the same footprint so no problem). Anyone can buy just the microphone because normally those microphone had the same connections when they have the same footprint.

HTC ONE Won't Charge, only powered off-027ce1a0-ac23-4e45-a11c-b2fda26aec98.jpg
    02-16-2016 06:21 AM
    Anyone got a solution for it?
    02-16-2016 06:06 PM
    It really worked out with holding the phone very very close against a light bulb, like 2 cms close, then do the 3 buttons restart for like 20 secs, during which it will restart like 3 times, in my case,... i dont know if that is relevant, then i restarted, and crazy as it sounds: it worked again, i can recharge the phone using the phone to usb connection cable,.... that was a long journey,...
    here i described the journey in German:
    technical hints using computers & software: HTC One M7 - Aufladen via USB funktioniert nicht! - gelöst!
    08-18-2016 05:21 AM
    Please, after replace the battery the volume button aren`t working... what may have caused this? How can i restart or boot the cell without using this button if something wrong happen?

The something happened to me too. There is a battle against battery... I already replaced, already burned the usb port, my other htc drains all and volume arent working. So i cannot reset ou boot the cell. I dont know what can i do...!
    So i`ll follow this question here!
    08-30-2016 12:19 PM
    I have the some problem...! The red light blink and the pile in middle of display show but not with that bars running into pile.

Someone got some solution? without simultaneously press volume and power button?
    09-01-2016 07:36 AM
28 12