My HTC one isn't very loud

Juan Grajeda

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else feel like their one isn't very loud? My friend has an iPhone 5 and his phone sounds louder than mine. I've turned the beats audio on and off but his is still louder

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
After the update from 4.1 to 4.2 or .3 they have reduced the max volume of the One. This may also be in response to the blown speaker issue some users were experiencing. Currently I don't believe there is any way to override this but you may want to check Google Play for an app to boost the volume.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
After your question I did some looking and I think what is happening is not that people are experiencing blown speakers. From what I've gathered, read, and watched on YouTube it sounds like debris is getting inside of the aluminum speaker covers and causing a rattle or other noise at certain frequencies that give the symptoms of a blown speaker. I have yet to read or see anything specifically saying the user had a blown speaker. It mostly seems to be debate and I think it stems form this issue. A poster on YouTube has posted two vids, one showing the problem and one showing a temporary fix.

Sorry for being a sheep and quoting things I did not research first.

dashauns

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else feel like their one isn't very loud? My friend has an iPhone 5 and his phone sounds louder than mine. I've turned the beats audio on and off but his is still louder

In my experience with my brand new htc one on some things my iphone 5 and a couple other phones were louder but the audio seperation and bass of the htc one provided a spectacular listening experience.

msooffutt

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I would first look to make sure there isn't dirt stuck in the speaker grills. I've had this happen, and after cleaning them out with a tooth brush, it got a lot louder. If, on the other hand, the sound coming out is distorted, then you might have a blown speaker. I've had to send mine in twice to have the speakers replaced. It's sounds great now and is defiantly louder than an iphone 5. I hope I don't have to send it back in for speaker issues. I did buy it second hand on ebay, so I don't know how it was treated before I owned it.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I would first look to make sure there isn't dirt stuck in the speaker grills. I've had this happen, and after cleaning them out with a tooth brush, it got a lot louder. If, on the other hand, the sound coming out is distorted, then you might have a blown speaker. I've had to send mine in twice to have the speakers replaced. It's sounds great now and is defiantly louder than an iphone 5. I hope I don't have to send it back in for speaker issues. I did buy it second hand on ebay, so I don't know how it was treated before I owned it.

How did you clean it with a toothbrush?!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

msooffutt

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
How did you clean it with a toothbrush?!
With a lot of patience! The idea is to wiggle the brushes in such a way that they work themselves into the tiny holes. After awhile you will notice dirt working its way out, and I had a shop vac there to help suck out some of the dirt. Some of it is going to go into the phone, but I was able to suck out a good bit as well. It made a huge difference.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
With a lot of patience! The idea is to wiggle the brushes in such a way that they work themselves into the tiny holes. After awhile you will notice dirt working its way out, and I had a shop vac there to help suck out some of the dirt. Some of it is going to go into the phone, but I was able to suck out a good bit as well. It made a huge difference.

I can't for the life of me be still and patient enough to work the bristles in there haha. I just got a shop vac and straw. I feel like the lack of loudness for me is from software. It seemed much louder when I first got the phone before all the updates. Hopefully there isn't a bunch of dirt in the grills.

msooffutt

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't for the life of me be still and patient enough to work the bristles in there haha. I just got a shop vac and straw. I feel like the lack of loudness for me is from software. It seemed much louder when I first got the phone before all the updates. Hopefully there isn't a bunch of dirt in the grills.

I was able to see the dirt in mine, so I was sure of what it was. I had bought it used, and have no idea how it got so much dirt inside. Hate to think it was ear dung. The notification light was also blocked, and at first I thought it didn't have one.

I had tried using a straw at first with a vacuum, but the dirt was too packed in, so I had to use something small enough to fit in and break the dirt loose. It took me about 15 minutes to get it done.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I was able to see the dirt in mine, so I was sure of what it was. I had bought it used, and have no idea how it got so much dirt inside. Hate to think it was ear dung. The notification light was also blocked, and at first I thought it didn't have one.

I had tried using a straw at first with a vacuum, but the dirt was too packed in, so I had to use something small enough to fit in and break the dirt loose. It took me about 15 minutes to get it done.

Oh wow, If you were able to see it then I don't think thats my problem because I can't see anything. I can see how that would impair the volume dramatically. I'm glad you got yours fixed. I just think I got spoiled when the phone first came out and they lowered the volume in an update or I've just gotten so used to it that I think it isn't as loud anymore.

msooffutt

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I didn't notice it at first, but found someone else online that had had the same issue, but with an htc one x. I took a bright flashlight and used that to see the dirt clogging the speaker grill. Sounds like this might not be your issue, but you might want to check with a flashlight to be sure.

Oh wow, If you were able to see it then I don't think thats my problem because I can't see anything. I can see how that would impair the volume dramatically. I'm glad you got yours fixed. I just think I got spoiled when the phone first came out and they lowered the volume in an update or I've just gotten so used to it that I think it isn't as loud anymore.

Shekhamohit

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok. So I was having the same problem with my speakers, they were just dead, and after reading the post about the tooth brush thing I gave it a go and guess what it worked flawlessly (I used my shaving brush as it has thin bristles), had to struggle for 10 minutes but now they are as good as new, hope this may help you, adios.

Jason_A

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got an M7 as an insurance replacement for my Droid DNA. For all of the hype around the "Boomsound" speakers, I have to say I was pretty underwhelmed with the M7 audio. The M7 doesn't sound any louder or bassier than my old DNA. In fact, less so if anything. Just the typical tinny sound from any other phone. Did HTC do something to reduce overall loudness of the speakers at some point, or could there be something wrong with my phone (which is brand new)? Or are my expectations just too high?

Posted via the Android Central App

Apptelope

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to audio settings and check the volume. Sometimes when I increase the volume there is a varning about high volume. But not always. Sometimes I just can't increase the volume above that level.

On my device the lowest volume is way too loud.

sameer8

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I am a great HTC fan. After having used the sensation series, I could not think of buying any better than the flagship--HTC One(M7).
I have been using this phone for quite a while but the only thing that now disturbs me are it's speakers.
At first when I bought it(unlocked), everything was fine until I compared it to my friend's HTC One. The speaker volume is way too different in mine. It sounds like a normal audio output like other smartphones.
And also, when I switch ON the Beats audio, the volume gradually decreases alot. (Which sounded low before, sounds more low with beats audio ON)
And what more disturbs is the top grill speaker. It sounds distorted. I have tried all the stuff -- cleaned the grills with a toothbrush, adjusted volumes but it helped no good.
Any help would be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX