- 12 Posts
Auto correct problem
I've just updated my phone and found a problem with auto correct.
Before I updated, when I typed a message and typed a word then spaced it used to change the word, all I needed to do then is press back and it auto changed it to the original word I typed and stayed that way.
Now it changes it and when o press back It doesn't auto change bfn to original, I Need to manually change it back.
I.hope this makes sense.
Does anyone know how I can get it to auto change and stay again
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
- 01-09-2014, 01:21 PM #2
- 1,768 Posts
Re: Auto correct problem
You can try one of two things if you are using the stock keyboard;
Go to Language and Keyboard select the HTC Sense Input>Advanced> and turn on or off Word Prediction.
Go to Language and Keyboard and turn on or off Spell Checker.
I mentioned the one option first because it sounds like that is the one that will affect your issue more than the other.
If you are using a third party app you may have to turn off Spell Checker. Swype advises that you turn off the Android Spell Checker. If none of these work you may have to just look through the settings menu of the app for something that sounds like it changes the word and enable something or disable something, but without knowing what app you're using it's impossible to say for sure. You can always post back with the name of the app you're using for a more detailed suggestion.
- By aseke in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 10Last Post: 03-25-2015, 10:08 PM
- By barkins in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 23Last Post: 01-29-2014, 02:19 AM
- By 786chatur in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2014, 01:28 PM
- By john rock in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2014, 08:48 AM
- By Michael Patel in forum Samsung Galaxy 3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2014, 11:11 PM