HTC One: Battery losing charge while off, overnight

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with your HTC One's battery losing charge overnight? While off! It just started happening to me, I get home from work, fully charge phone after I power it off, get the green light indicating full charge and turn it on the next morning only to find that it has lost about twenty percent of it's charge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery losing charge while off, overnight

Has anyone else had issues with your HTC One's battery losing charge overnight? While off! It just started happening to me, I get home from work, fully charge phone after I power it off, get the green light indicating full charge and turn it on the next morning only to find that it has lost about twenty percent of it's charge.

Probably you have a running app consuming your battery.
Go to Battery Usage and check which apps consume the most battery, or try to think of a recent ap you downloaded and might consume extra juice.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Probably you have a running app consuming your battery.
Go to Battery Usage and check which apps consume the most battery, or try to think of a recent ap you downloaded and might consume extra juice.

He has the phone off shouldn't be consuming power.

Posted via Android Central App

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I would try letting the battery drain completely and then charge it fully. Maybe that will fix it.

Posted via Android Central App

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

thanks ab.
I read thru the other 30 pages of battery issues concerning the One, what I did was to put Cyanogenmod on and my battey life is crazy good again.
I do not know what was causing the issue, but I certainly remedied it by installing the ROM. All is fantastic again.

markymodem

May 28, 2015
Visit site

having the same problem myself...been back to htc 3 times...still the same....mine is losing 30-35 % in about 6-7 hours of being turned off......had a new battery in first time back ...no change......

don't want to root it as it will invalidate warranty....peed off aint the word!!!!

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

having the same problem myself...been back to htc 3 times...still the same....mine is losing 30-35 % in about 6-7 hours of being turned off......had a new battery in first time back ...no change......

don't want to root it as it will invalidate warranty....peed off aint the word!!!!

A year ago mine started doing that. I hadn't installed any new apps, but I had updated a bunch. I tried everything and nothing helped. Finally, I did a factory reset and restore and cleared the System Cache and when I reinstalled all my apps and updated them the problem was solved. Battery life has been fine since then. Doing the factory reset and having to restore all your apps is a pain, but it might be worth it to you if it solves the problem like it did with me.

markymodem

May 28, 2015
Visit site

update....

after getting nowhere with the support team of htc....try this try that....we'll have it in to check it etc.....

I emailed the CEO of htc uk, didn't get a reply from him personally but from the escalations team who arranged mine to be sent in and a new (FRU) one sent out.

I have had it turned off while in bed for 6 hours....0% lost battery....result.

Happy again now lol

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm willing to bet (not that you'll ever find out) that the battery was at end of life. To keep that from happening too soon on this phone, try to never discharge it below 40% before recharging. (I have 11 year old batteries for my "spare" phone that are still good. The phone is worth about US$10 these days, but if I need something to be able to make phone calls and not worry about loss or damage, that's the one I use.)

hiterus

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

Why dont you just put airplane mode and charge with cable as usual? Sometimes I can only rely to the 100% indicative on the screen, not the green light.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21