Standard Text App Contacts

dtucker1980

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey everybody,

I'm new here and this is my first post. HTC doesn't seem to know how to help me with this. I will try and explain it as best as I can.

I have the HTC One and my Contacts is called "People". When I mention Contacts below I'm not referring to this area. In the standard Text app there is also a little figure of a person you can click to select a Contact to send a text too. Pretty standard stuff.....

Well, when I click this I see 100-200 email addresses that all begin with the letter "a" and are not email addresses I have ever seen. Some of them are exactly the same except for 1 or 2 characters.

There seems to be no way to delete these and they do not show in the "People" Contacts on my phone. Is there a way to delete or clear these or resync the Text Contacts with the "People" contacts so they will go away?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like the messaging app is listing all contacts it can find, rather than some sort of filtered list (as the People app is likely set to do). Have you tried using a contact manager application — the pre-installed version or one from the Play Store — to display contacts from all available sources? That might give you a better indication of where they're coming from, as well as potentially how to remove them. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt