contacts

chakras

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all iv just got a HTC one and its brought contacts over from whatsapp etc
My contacts are now a mess, is there a way or any apps that allows me to export certain contacts to my pc or excell so I can wipe all contacts from my phone and then import certain ones back from my of or excell

Thanks in advance for any advice

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Also if you delete the account the contacts are from it will delete all the contacts and data from that account on your phone so you could then go into your Google account on the computer and delete the contacts you don't want to sync back onto your phone.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Oops, forgot to add: and then add back that account to your phone. And then only your new, trimmed down contacts list will sync back onto the phone.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

chakras

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate the replies, I really do however I'm still looking to get the contacts out to excel or to the pc so I can sort them all out in one step instead of going through each area, whatsapp etc

I know I can filter out the different areas but all lists are really messed up so cannot filter them properly

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the replies, I really do however I'm still looking to get the contacts out to excel or to the pc so I can sort them all out in one step instead of going through each area, whatsapp etc

I know I can filter out the different areas but all lists are really messed up so cannot filter them properly

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

i understand what you want to do, but it will not work that way.

as others have said, your phone has been set up to pull contacts from various sources (incl. whatsapp in this case).

exporting your contacts to excel will either export only those stored locally on your phone or all of them (haven't done this since 2010) and once you import them back in, you will still be faced with the same mess as the phone app pulls duplicate contacts from whatsapp and other sources. what i am trying to say is that your excel work will not change the contacts from other sources (eg whatsapp) and they will re-appear on your phone.

what you need to do is select one source from where your phone uses its contacts. personally i prefer any service that acts as a cloud (such as google) but if you insist on keeping your contacts locally and are a fan of manual backups then choose your phone as the option.

if you choose a service like google you can then head over to gmail contacts on your PC and work to get them just right (and they will sync with your phone). you can then link these contacts to whatsapp, facebook, etc.

if you choose phone, check some of the many backup apps on the playstore (many are free) which will allow you to email (or otherwise) a file of your contacts which you can then edit in excel.

here is one i used in my iphone a couple of years ago which worked well (haven't tried the android version).

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.globile.mycontactbackup&token=84MhxJCR

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Amazon app store today free app of the day contacts to excel. Better hurry tho.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood