HTC One vs Roadway

Digging my htc

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My HTC One some how came unattached from my belt and ended up on a road. I looks like it was ran over a few times. It was pouring the rain, so I was in a hurry. Prolly didn't get it clipped on to my belt properly. I got it back the next day. The screen is trashed but everything still works as well as before. It bent the speaker housings but the speakers are still awesome. I had it in an Incipio Dual Pro case and that was in a Fortte vertical pouch. The One is being replaced now. Should have it Monday or Tuesday. I had not updated to 4.3 yet. I assume the new phone will come with 4.3. Did 4.3 do anything to help the camera? That is the only thing I am not satisfied with on the phone. I have to send in the ran over phone. Is everything backed up automatically to my card on the One? Will my music, files, photos, phone book, etc be on my memory card? I figured I would have to redownload all of the apps. Thanks in advance. Tony,

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think am misunderstanding the question. I don't think you are getting the original phone back. Anything that was on it will be lost, save for anything that you synced to Google, or any other cloud service for pictures, etc.

Digging my htc

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
You are right 97. I will be sending the broken phone back. I just received a tracking # and should receive the new phone Monday. I have never used cloud or dropbox. Is that the way I need to save everything? Also, will I see much difference in 4.3 and 4.1?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
you can use HTC backup to backup your apps' settings, accounts, bookmarks, contacts and so on.

when you receive the new device you can use this to restore it to how it is now.

your apps are saved by the play store so they will be downloaded automatically when you sign in.

as for the files such as music and photos, etc. you'll have to back them up somewhere because they will be lost otherwise. you could store them in the cloud such as dropbox or google drive or you could transfer them to your desktop or to a portable drive.

edit: if you have all your contacts on your phone, and not anywhere else (eg gmail) i would also download one of the many free contact backup apps from the playstore to produce a file which you can export to your PC or otherwise just to be safe. this is probably the most important thing you'll want to make sure its not lost should the htc backup fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith