Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hangouts not remembering default app.

So I just got a HTC One and discovered that HTC messaging doesn't remember the contact images.

So I decided to use Google Hangouts instead. All was fine until I decided to send a photo. When I choose the default app to pick the photo and hit "always" it somehow doesn't remember my selection.

So here's a break down of what I do.

Hit the camera, choose send photo, then the popup shows up of using photos, gallery, etc. I choose photos and hit always. Pick my photo and sent it of. Then try to send another photo and the same pop up shows up.

Is there a way to fix that?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Your neighborhood tech enthusiast
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Hangouts not remembering default app.

Quote Originally Posted by vahdyx View Post
    So I just got a HTC One and discovered that HTC messaging doesn't remember the contact images.

So I decided to use Google Hangouts instead. All was fine until I decided to send a photo. When I choose the default app to pick the photo and hit "always" it somehow doesn't remember my selection.

So here's a break down of what I do.

Hit the camera, choose send photo, then the popup shows up of using photos, gallery, etc. I choose photos and hit always. Pick my photo and sent it of. Then try to send another photo and the same pop up shows up.

Is there a way to fix that?

Yes you could change the default working by visiting the task manager click on the app and you could see a option saying launch by default .. clear that application defaults that's all !!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Yes you could change the default working by visiting the task manager click on the app and you could see a option saying launch by default .. clear that application defaults that's all !!
    I don't get it.

Perhaps you and I are thinking two different things. When sending a MMS, hangouts won't remember which app I choose it to always use to choose the media I want sent out.

If that is what you're talking I about. Then I don't understand what you are referring to. I couldn't find the task manager on my phone. I am assuming it was the double tap home button. Then on that screen no option appeared in that menu.

So I cleared defaults from the app manager thinking that's what you meant and tried to reset the defaults but it didn't work either.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Is there anything I can do or is it just life on HTC One?