- 11 Posts
Mobile data off, but My Verizon App works!
I have a Verizon HTC One. When I turned off my Mobile Data and WiFi, and then I run My Verizon app, the 4G LTE symbol pops up on the top of the screen and My Verizon app gives my access to my account. I can check minutes, data, pay bills and every thing. When I leave the app, the 4G LTE icon disappears in about a minute, sometimes it stays longer (even hours) but goes away eventually (and the Mobile Data is off the whole time, btw)
I always thought when the data is off, you cannot have access to the network including your Verizon account. Is HTC One making an exception for My Verizon app? Any explanation for this odd behavior?
- 01-22-2014, 11:39 AM #2
- 01-22-2014, 02:25 PM #3
- 01-22-2014, 08:50 PM #4
- 1,747 Posts
Re: Mobile data off, but My Verizon App works!
This is a Verizon device and if you request access to My Verizon it will connect even if it has to turn on data to do it. I don't think it charges you any data to do it, unlike browsing and apps. Oh and to some degree this device doesn't turn off. Your battery level will drop while off, your alarms will still sound, and Verizon will know what you had for dinner. Ok that last one may not be completely accurate, but they will know you ate. :-D
Posted via Android Central App
- By eallen33 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 11Last Post: 06-01-2014, 10:56 AM
- By agp423 in forum VerizonReplies: 13Last Post: 01-23-2014, 09:41 AM
- By Bnjf in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 12Last Post: 01-23-2014, 01:00 AM
- By bluegrizzlies1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-22-2014, 04:18 PM
- By chicho1989 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-22-2014, 09:13 AM