Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Phalgun Gujjar
  • 1 Post By zizu101
  • 4 Post By cohoman
  • 1 Post By ram1220
  • 1 Post By D13H4RD2L1V3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Should I buy an HTC One?

    I already have a Lumia 920. It has a great camera but being a Windows phone there are not many apps. So I want to get a second phone that's Android, works in AT&T, has a big screen and a good camera but less than $250. HTC one 16GB one like this seems to fit my bill. But it seems most of these phones develop purple fringe over time and I'm sure there could be other issues as well. Please advise if it's still worthy buying HTC One or if you have other suggestions please let me know.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,123 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,621 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Should I buy a HTC one?

    Quote Originally Posted by smilia View Post
    I already have a Lumia 920. It has a great camera but being a Windows phone there are not many apps. So I want to get a second phone that's Android, works in AT&T, has a big screen and a good camera but less than $250. HTC one 16GB one like this seems to fit my bill. But it seems most of these phones develop purple fringe over time and I'm sure there could be other issues as well. Please advise if it's still worthy buying HTC One or if you have other suggestions please let me know.
    Nothing against HTC, you can surely get that device, but I would counter suggest either the Moto X, or the Nexus 5. Did you have a second phone line in mind?

    The device you linked to is an HTC OneX, not the HTC One. Confusing I know.
    smilia likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Should I buy a HTC one?

    I'm a user of the HTC One. If camera is one of the priorities then best to stay away from the HTC one. Choose the G2 for camera quality

    Sent from my HTC One
    smilia likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Should I buy a HTC one?

    Thanks for the replies. This phone will be for my primary use and I'll use Lumia as a backup (not a second line). Though I'd love to get G2, I can't because my budget is $250. Nexus 5 or Moto X don't seem to have good low-light capable cameras as HTC One and Lumia 920. Moreover they don't fit my budget. I googled to see the difference between HTC One and One X. It seems they are different and it looks like HTC One's camera might be better than One X's. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  5. #5  
    zizu101's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I buy a HTC one?

    Quote Originally Posted by smilia View Post
    Thanks for the replies. This phone will be for my primary use and I'll use Lumia as a backup (not a second line). Though I'd love to get G2, I can't because my budget is $250. Nexus 5 or Moto X don't seem to have good low-light capable cameras as HTC One and Lumia 920. Moreover they don't fit my budget. I googled to see the difference between HTC One and One X. It seems they are different and it looks like HTC One's camera might be better than One X's. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    The HTC One is the newest ,the HTC one x is a year older. Simply put, if you gotta get an android now with your budget, then get the HTC One. But as soon as you get it, take some low-light shots and see if there is a tint. If there is,then exchange it with another unit until you have one without the problem.

    Posted via Android Central App
    smilia likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Should I buy a HTC one?

    This actually helps me out as well. I'm thinking of coming to android from BB and I'm trying to decide what device to get. I've thought about the note 3 or HtC one.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Should I buy an HTC One?

    Between the note 3 and htc one its better to stick with the newer device.

    Sent from my HTC One
  8. #8  
    cohoman's Avatar

    Posts
    612 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Carrier
    HTC One Stock All the Way

    Default Re: Should I buy an HTC One?

    I've owned an HTC One for the last 9 months and I just love it. Great construction, runs fast, and the battery lasts about two days straight with the way I use it. I really can't think of switching to another phone, so that's one testimonial for what it's worth.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Should I buy an HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    I've owned an HTC One for the last 9 months and I just love it. Great construction, runs fast, and the battery lasts about two days straight with the way I use it. I really can't think of switching to another phone, so that's one testimonial for what it's worth.
    +1 Sometimes I even get 3 days on a battery charge. I am not a heavy user. I also find the size of the HTC One to be perfect. I feel the LG G2 and other phones of that size are just too big.
    hodan likes this.
  10. #10  
    D13H4RD2L1V3's Avatar

    Posts
    2,832 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,889 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Google Plus+ Edition GPe

    Default Re: Should I buy an HTC One?

    I would greatly recommend the One. It's just the right phone for many things.

    HTC's set to reveal it's successor right around the corner. Unless you're on a budget, you might wanna wait for a bit.
    hodan likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Should I buy an HTC One?

    I agree with the above. You may want to wait a few months and get the next flagship.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Should I buy an HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by ram1220 View Post
    +1 Sometimes I even get 3 days on a battery charge. I am not a heavy user. I also find the size of the HTC One to be perfect. I feel the LG G2 and other phones of that size are just too big.
    The HTC One and the G2 are almost the same size overall. The G2 has a larger screen with less bezel

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One stuck in BootLoop and won't enter recovery ! please help
    By Dhaval Shah3 in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 06:35 AM
  2. HTC One 32 GB Taiwanese Edition (No LTE) with Extras
    By pkcable in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 01:14 PM
  3. bricked htc one m7
    By robndeb in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 02:59 AM
  4. HTC One: Purple tint problem
    By VeganRevolution in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 02:29 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 11:55 PM

Posting Permissions