Music Player(s) with Headphones

Blaxer4

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

New member here, just made my account. Had a question about the music player when headphones are plugged in.

With headphones that have mic's - Iphone, beats by dre., etc - it allows you to "click" the small remote control which has 3 different buttons for 3 different functions. The remote allows you to increase the volume, decrease the volume and pause and play music (at least on iphone's) - sorry, just had to break that down for understanding purposes. With the HTC One, when I click the middle of this little remote that plays and pauses music on Iphone's, it goes to my dialer and calls the most recent person I called.

My question is - is there a way to make it so that the remote on the headphones controls the music player and not my dialer? I have Beats by Dre headphones and the volume up and down control doesn't control the phones volume, also - which I don't understand since Beats Audio is apart of this phone.

Anyway....can anyone help?

Thanks!

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
if you are playing music, it *should* play/pause/resume music when clicking the middle button. double tapping it would ring the latest person called.

whilst calling people with the headphone remote is (imo) one of the very few HTC WTF moments, that is what the stock headphones do.

if you have special headphones they might not be compatible with the HTC ONE, as B. Diddy pointed out. Beats by Dre is a separate brand altogether HTC just happened to own part of their shares and partnered to include Beats audio in their phones.

your best choice for an iPhone like behaviour would be to purchase the 3-button HTC headphones directly from them.

HTC Stereo Headphones Specs and Reviews | HTC Global

those will work as you expect them to.

Blaxer4

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy and Troneas!

Both of your answers help me out and answer my question.
B. Diddy - I have the Beats Studio Headphones 1st generation. I say 1st because I've heard that Beats have made new headphones?
Troneas - I will def look into HTC headphones. I guess I am clicking the pause button twice with not much delay between; thus calling people.

Thanks again guys.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this can help but I've seen an app called Better Headphones (I could be making out the name, I'm not really sure) that can control the behavior of a pair like yours. Look in Google Play and see if you can use an app to change the behavior of the middle button.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
There is an app in the play store called Jay's Headset. It woks just fine without having to buy a new headset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2