Do you regret getting the HTC One?

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I preordered the HTC One, sometime in April for at&t and since I've received it I've had to have three replacement devices. The first time was from dead pixels, the second time was from a muffled microphone, and the third was a broken accelerometer. It seems like every time I've gotten kinda comfortable something else breaks. Here's hoping this device will not fail me, but with all the problems I've had I sometimes wish I would have went with a different phone. I really love sense and the phone is nice, but the lack of quality assurance has really shook my decision to go with HTC as this is my first HTC device. Has anyone else had any problems? Any opinions of the subject?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Still on my first one... About 4 months old... No problems what so ever :)

As for the device in general.. I was a Sammy guy prior to this.. Also rocked 3 different Nexus and I'm completely happy with what HTC put together for the HTC One. Sure its not without its little flaws, nothing is perfect but I think they really hit a home run with this phone at a time that HTC was/is in question of survival in the smartphone community.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Still on my first one... About 4 months old... No problems what so ever :)

As for the device in general.. I was a Sammy guy prior to this.. Also rocked 3 different Nexus and I'm completely happy with what HTC put together for the HTC One. Sure its not without its little flaws, nothing is perfect but I think they really hit a home run with this phone at a time that HTC was/is in question of survival in the smartphone community.

I'm glad you're having no problems.

I was a Motorola guy haha, my first smartphone was the Atrix 4G. I'm happy with the phone, but I'm disappointed in all the trouble I've had so far. I'm afraid that after my warranty runs out in April that something else will mess up and I will be screwed. Not to mention I sent it to HTC once and it came back not fixed. They replaced the mic but apparently don't test it because my phone calls were still extremely muffled. I just want to feel like I have a dependable phone haha. But hopefully all those problems are in the past and with beginning batches of the phone.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I preordered the HTC One, sometime in April for at&t and since I've received it I've had to have three replacement devices. The first time was from dead pixels, the second time was from a muffled microphone, and the third was a broken accelerometer. It seems like every time I've gotten kinda comfortable something else breaks. Here's hoping this device will not fail me, but with all the problems I've had I sometimes wish I would have went with a different phone. I really love sense and the phone is nice, but the lack of quality assurance has really shook my decision to go with HTC as this is my first HTC device. Has anyone else had any problems? Any opinions of the subject?

If I were to switch my HTC One for any phone I would switch it with a Moto X because of the battery life. My One gets 1: 1/2 hr on screen time with like 10 hours of use while other people with Moto X get 17-20hr. With 3-6hr. On screen time which is crazy. Since the 4.4.2 update the battery has gotten better but I don't think that better.

Posted via HTC One on their cool app

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
If I were to switch my HTC One for any phone I would switch it with a Moto X because of the battery life. My One gets 1: 1/2 hr on screen time with like 10 hours of use while other people with Moto X get 17-20hr. With 3-6hr. On screen time which is crazy. Since the 4.4.2 update the battery has gotten better but I don't think that better.

Posted via HTC One on their cool app

That would be the phone I would get if I was going to ditch the One. Mainly because of the battery life, active notifications and fast updates. But my battery life is not nearly that bad... I get an average of 3h 55min screen on time. Have you downloaded a battery moniter app to see what is killing your battery so fast? Unless you're at full brightness then they're is something wrong for sure. I use GSam to see what is using my battery.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
No regrets. My third HTC phone (Evo, Evo LTE, now the ONE) all three have been great

Posted via Android Central App

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
couldnt have hoped for a better phone.

sure it has its quirks but i've learnt to accept them.

overall, the strengths of this phone more than make up for its weak spots.

some people are just unlucky when it comes to their particular device. being an iphone user before the htc one, and following the apple forums at that time there were no shortage of complaints from some who exchanged their iphones many times due to issues they've found in them.

then again, some people are never happy with what they have.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've actually had 4 devices. First one when originally launched on Sprint in April, replaced when I scratched the screen pretty badly. Third device was to try to resolve the purple tint on low light pictures (replacement had the same problem, so I sent back to HTC for repair). Last was when Best Buy broke the lens cover while putting on an Invisible Shield.

With that all said, I'd still get this phone again. Especially with Kit Kat, this phone runs as smooth as silk.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
the One is my first android phone, got it in october, switched from iphone. I love this phone and have no regrets whatsoever. Never going back to apple, and would stay with htc after having this phone. very satisfied.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I've actually had 4 devices. First one when originally launched on Sprint in April, replaced when I scratched the screen pretty badly. Third device was to try to resolve the purple tint on low light pictures (replacement had the same problem, so I sent back to HTC for repair). Last was when Best Buy broke the lens cover while putting on an Invisible Shield.

With that all said, I'd still get this phone again. Especially with Kit Kat, this phone runs as smooth as silk.

I can't wait for KitKat here on at&t. So it's a nice improvement overall?

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
My only problem is the red tint that appeared around 4-5 months of use.
It's pretty annoying, but I don't take that much photos with my phone in very dark situations.
Apart from that the phone is great. No lags, no crashes, Sense is great.
If nothing breaks apart I think I'm gonna keep it for a long time.
I hope HTC improve their product quality and they could be still in the game in two years from now.
Despite the One's problems I believe it was the best Android phone in 2013 (at least until LG G2 came out) and I'm satisfied with my decision.

PS For battery time, I'm not a heavy user but I get around 2 days with 2 hours screen time. Most of this time is with data/wifi on (and lots of syncs). So for the guy that said about 10 hours with 1, 1,5 hour I suggest to search what is draining the battery. Unless of course it's 1,5 hour with heavy gaming or videos etc.
I don't use the phone for long amounts of time, but I use it very often for small intevals (to read an email, answer to a message, take a look at Twitter/FB etc) so my experience may be different.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait for KitKat here on at&t. So it's a nice improvement overall?

So far, so good. I'm not sure about battery life, but I've heard you need to let it go several days to let it "settle." I've found the phone feels more smooth, with even less lag (there really wasn't much before, to be honest).

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've had my HTC One since it was launched. No issues, no purple tinting either(I dont use Zoe, and I've heard this causes it?).. Still think it's one of the best phones ever made.

Still super fast, great screen, great sound...

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had my HTC One since July and I absolutely love this phone, figuratively speaking of course. Battery life is great, I can usually get by in a day and a half with light to moderate use before I need to charge the phone.The camera is excellent. I was starting to notice a slight purple hue lately but after the Kit Kat/Sense 5.5 update it is seems to have disappeared. The speakers still work great with no distortion. My only knock is the limited home screens available (5) for which I use a third party launcher (Apex).

The_Eclectic1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had my One since May. Replaced it within a week cos of gaps issues, uneven levels between screen and speakers etc. Luckily my retailer had a one week one-to-one exchange policy. My second One was fine till July and the infamous purple tint issue cropped up. To date I haven't sent it in for warranty repair as too much of a hassle but will do so eventually.

I agree with the OP that HTC should step up its game with QC issues. Esp in the first few months after launch, many people had gap issues. This is not on for a premium flagship. Secondly the purple tint issues were quite prevalent although some lucky ones never experienced it. Even as late as September, batches of Butterfly S (model launched in Aug) had the same issue. My purple tint is so bad I can't take pics with it even in broad daylight.

I'm not saying these things to bash HTC. In fact I like HTC a lot. They do get many things right. At one point I had 5 HTC phones concurrently. I have 6 phones I use currently. And I do like the One. Great screen. Great Boomsound speakers. Lag free UI even with an older SoC. I've had 10 HTC phones in 4 years. I change phones on average 3-4 times per year. But I never had such QC issues with Samsung. I've had two each of Note1, Note2, and now Note3.

I don't regret getting the HTC One. In fact I'm contemplating getting a 2nd hand One (poor resale value but great if you're buying it pre-owned). But I do wish HTC would improve in its QC.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki