Do you regret getting the HTC One?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
HTC makes great phones.. their problem is they are being leapt over. Their HTC One runs the 600 proc, while in some countries the S4 had the 800, the LG G2 has the 800, the N5 has the 800..

When they release the M8, if it's on the 800, it's already outdated. The LG G3 is rumored to have the 805, and that soc is what HTC desperately needs for the M8 to skyrocket sales. If they release it with the 800 while others are releasing the 805, why get it?!?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
HTC makes great phones.. their problem is they are being leapt over. Their HTC One runs the 600 proc, while in some countries the S4 had the 800, the LG G2 has the 800, the N5 has the 800..

When they release the M8, if it's on the 800, it's already outdated. The LG G3 is rumored to have the 805, and that soc is what HTC desperately needs for the M8 to skyrocket sales. If they release it with the 800 while others are releasing the 805, why get it?!?

that is only relevant to some really narrow minded people.

apple runs a two-core processor with 1GB RAM.

its what it delivers not what it hosts.

and the S600 delivers and will continue to do so for another year or more. man have you seen the quality of the apps in the playstore? they support 4 year old phones running froyo for gods sake.

my now 2+ years old iphone 4S with 512 MB RAM, dual core chip was still tanking most of not all the apps in the apple store - including infinity blade 2.

i have not had a single lag from my htc one yet so i could give a rats *** about the S800.

edit: besides, with all the crap samsung puts on its phone their 805 processor will run as fast as the htc one 600.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
that is only relevant to some really narrow minded people.

apple runs a two-core processor with 1GB RAM.

its what it delivers not what it hosts.

and the S600 delivers and will continue to do so for another year or more. man have you seen the quality of the apps in the playstore? they support 4 year old phones running froyo for gods sake.

my now 2+ years iphone 4S with 512 MB RAM, dual core chip was still tanking most of not all the apps in the apple store - including infinity blade 2.

i have not had a single lag from my htc one yet so i could give a rats *** about the S800.

I agree, I feel like optimization is much more useful that just beefy specs. For example the Moto X and Iphone 5s.. Not the best on paper, but they're optimized and run great.

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I only got my One about a month ago. I took the leap and went away from my usual Nexus devices. I figured (since the One was free on my plan) I'd give it a go and if I didn't like it, sell it and buy a Nexus 5.

I really wanted another HTC device because I've noticed that HTC record video with hardly any distortion in the sound. As someone who likes to record a lot of video at events that I'm at (since pictures generally don't turn out so great), I have more of a use for this feature than most other people I'd imagine. I wasn't disappointed :)

The bonus was that the camera is generally better than my previous camera phones (granted, it might not be as good as other current gen phones), so at least it wasn't a step backwards.

Also, the screen and front speakers are divine. I'm not sure I could give them up.

Battery life is definitely better than my Nexus 4. If I was getting to around 2hrs screen time on the N4, I was pushing it. Now I can easily get that plus more without too much trouble.

On the downside, I'm getting pretty frustrated with the lag. Coming from a Nexus 4, I'm used to silky smooth everything....The One is comparatively laggier doing everything despite having the faster processor. The most annoying lag comes while typing. I've tried different keyboards and turned off all the sound/vibration and it's passable, but nowhere near as fast and fluid as typing was on the Nexus 4. I'll wait til it gets Kit Kat and reassess then.

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I've loved this phone from the moment I saw its ad on TV. I got this phone in September last year. I was really happy with it until I updated it to 4.3.

Was experiencing battery issues, purple tint. As my phone was under warranty, I got a replacement phone. To add to my bad luck, the replacement phone's speakers were blown. This is my third HTC One.

In spite of the whole ordeal, I still don't regret getting the phone as its positives outweigh the negatives.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
To this date I do no regret it. In fact I still love the damn device. Its really hard to just give up. The front speakers are awesome and the screen is great looking. Plus I get a ton of battery life out of mine. I might pick up a new "play" device like a Moto X but I don't see it replacing my HTC One as my daily driver. Still a good device. But if your in the market for a new, better device then I would wait it out.

TexanSaint

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Call Htc and get a repair order for the purple tint in low light problem. They will replace the camera module.
I preordered the HTC One, sometime in April for at&t and since I've received it I've had to have three replacement devices. The first time was from dead pixels, the second time was from a muffled microphone, and the third was a broken accelerometer. It seems like every time I've gotten kinda comfortable something else breaks. Here's hoping this device will not fail me, but with all the problems I've had I sometimes wish I would have went with a different phone. I really love sense and the phone is nice, but the lack of quality assurance has really shook my decision to go with HTC as this is my first HTC device. Has anyone else had any problems? Any opinions of the subject?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Wish it had a better camera and I get some weird glitches ever since 4.3 (sometimes the home button messes up and the touch screen too). If I had the choice back in April, I would have gotten an LG G2 over this and put a custom rom on it. But for now, the HTC One is great, top 5 phones of 2013 and Q1 2014 for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol