Mobile data automatically enabled after unlock

ihsaaan

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I turned my mobile data off then when I unlock my screen it is on. It seems as if whenever I unlock my screen the mobile data goes on automatically. How do I stop this as I don't want mobile data to be on unless I manually enable it?

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
When you say unlock your screen do you mean swiping up the lock or do you mean using an pattern, lock pattern, facelock, or password?

I am a long time lock user, pattern, face, etc, and they are great except if you forget your unlock code. It's happened to me a couple of times I change the code that morning and that afternoon I've forgotten it. Anyway if you exhaust your attempts at unlocking the device you then need to provide your Google account information. However the thing is, even though you've entered in a hundred times setting up the phone, it has to connect to the network to verify your input. No network no access. It's really a scary thing. I'm not brave enough to try this to verify if this is correct, but I'm wondering if it turns on data to ensure that you cannot be locked out of your device?

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I turned my mobile data off then when I unlock my screen it is on. It seems as if whenever I unlock my screen the mobile data goes on automatically. How do I stop this as I don't want mobile data to be on unless I manually enable it?

What Carrier?
Did you update to KitKat?
Connections Optimizer might have something to do with that if on Sprint.
Posted via Android Central App