- 7 Posts
Mobile data automatically enabled after unlock
I turned my mobile data off then when I unlock my screen it is on. It seems as if whenever I unlock my screen the mobile data goes on automatically. How do I stop this as I don't want mobile data to be on unless I manually enable it?
Posted via Android Central App
- 02-04-2014, 07:04 AM #2
- 1,762 Posts
Re: Mobile data automatically enabled after unlock
When you say unlock your screen do you mean swiping up the lock or do you mean using an pattern, lock pattern, facelock, or password?
I am a long time lock user, pattern, face, etc, and they are great except if you forget your unlock code. It's happened to me a couple of times I change the code that morning and that afternoon I've forgotten it. Anyway if you exhaust your attempts at unlocking the device you then need to provide your Google account information. However the thing is, even though you've entered in a hundred times setting up the phone, it has to connect to the network to verify your input. No network no access. It's really a scary thing. I'm not brave enough to try this to verify if this is correct, but I'm wondering if it turns on data to ensure that you cannot be locked out of your device?
- 02-04-2014, 07:33 AM #3
- By Ry in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:47 PM
- By David Frankov in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2014, 01:30 AM
- By jamesldooley in forum Android App InventorReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:27 AM
- By Julian Uribe in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2014, 10:49 PM
- By droidenvy in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2014, 08:00 PM