Verizon HTC One: 4.4.2 KitKat Update

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I had to do the "check new" too. Yeah the all white I think is going to take some getting used to, I liked the green. I'll have to look again to see it they are smaller or seem smaller cause of the uniform color, however even if they are smaller they take up a bit more room just because 4G never goes away now. I haven't noticed any improvement in speed, but I've never been a speed freak when it comes to these devices. They're always fast enough for me. The other things I've noticed are there are at least 6 if not 7 apps that I can no longer disable in the apps section. I can't find the old app association screen, so now I'm having to wait until situations arise to set defaults. I too was happy to finally be able to say good bye to BF. As for the lost screen I'm only using one now so no big deal.

I don't like the gallery. The full width previews are not attractive to me and I can't put my finger on it but I'm just really not liking it. I miss my gallery preview on the lock screen, but I do use a security lock so I like the bypass lock screen option since I have not pics to look at. For those who liked the widget lock screen it's still there just swipe from right to left when on the lock screen for it now. I've thought about putting something there since it can't be turned off, but not sure what yet.?

I know they said that Flash was going to be pushed completely out in 4.4 but so far I've only visited one site that wouldn't play a video. It didn't say flash was required it just said plugin not supported. Otherwise it's kind of a plainer version of 4.3 with a few different transition animations. Maybe that gives it more of a vanilla feel since so many don't like Sense.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
After some usage...
- I'm getting used to the all white icons...I do miss the green splash of color though (and Beats is even white)
- Love the new Recent Apps screen...feels and looks so much better.
- Phone feels a bit snappier...could be all in my head.

Anyone else noticing anything worth mentioning?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
After some usage...
- I'm getting used to the all white icons...I do miss the green splash of color though (and Beats is even white)
- Love the new Recent Apps screen...feels and looks so much better.
- Phone feels a bit snappier...could be all in my head.

Anyone else noticing anything worth mentioning?

beats is still red in my phone...

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention this but the new gallery is hideous. I'd use the Nexus 5 gallery but then it isn't integrated into all the popups and becomes a hassle. What were they thinking with this layout?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to mention this but the new gallery is hideous. I'd use the Nexus 5 gallery but then it isn't integrated into all the popups and becomes a hassle. What were they thinking with this layout?

what do you feel is wrong with it?

have you checked your otterbox case is not in the way of your pics?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I do agree, takes some getting used to.

honey_badger2001

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I must say, I'm not a fan of the white battery icon...I liked that little bit of color but oh well. Seems a bit snappier but that may just be in my head, plus this phone was snappy before.

It is faster a little bit because the new version requires less

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan