Verizon HTC One: 4.4.2 KitKat Update

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded and installed (had to do a "Check New" )...anyone else installed and noticed anything worth pointing out. I was most excited to be able to turn off BlinkFeed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
WiFi icon is different
4g LTE stays on with WiFi connected
Battery icon is all white now
Locations in settings has better options

All I have seen so far

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded and installed (had to do a "Check New" )...anyone else installed and noticed anything worth pointing out. I was most excited to be able to turn off BlinkFeed.

I had to check new as well although I knew it was there AMD blink feed was first to go and pages set up with clock and weather the way I want them

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I must say, I'm not a fan of the white battery icon...I liked that little bit of color but oh well. Seems a bit snappier but that may just be in my head, plus this phone was snappy before.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I must say, I'm not a fan of the white battery icon...I liked that little bit of color but oh well. Seems a bit snappier but that may just be in my head, plus this phone was snappy before.

I was used to the blue icons of my rmhd that the white is taking forever to get used to. But yes very snappy phone.

Posted via HTC One Android Central App

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I too came from a RMHD not but month ago but it was absolutely the right move, love this phone.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Does this include the Tap to Pay feature Google introduced in 4.4, or has it been stripped out?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
While we can turn off blink feed, we don't seem to gain the screen back...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
yes, pinch to zoom and delete that page, drag the weather clock widget to the 3rd page and make that one your home page, move that page to the left and boom you have it back. then readjust all your apps, a pain but there ya go

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I am not asking this in the right area...Can anyone help me with this issue. All my friends have iphones..

I have a HTC One through Sprint. We have all downloaded the Emoji Keyboard to have symbols when texting. Everything works fine on their phones. My phone only views the symbols in Black & White both with incoming and outgoing. All color with iphones. Driving me crazy...

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am not asking this in the right area...Can anyone help me with this issue. All my friends have iphones..

I have a HTC One through Sprint. We have all downloaded the Emoji Keyboard to have symbols when texting. Everything works fine on their phones. My phone only views the symbols in Black & White both with incoming and outgoing. All color with iphones. Driving me crazy...

I would message the developer of whatever keyboard you're using.

acap14

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Just updated to 4.4 on my Verizon HTC One. Everything is working fine EXCEPT where did the lock screen settings go? They completely disappeared in 4.4! There's no way to change lock screen wallpaper or pick lock screen style. And even though it lets you pick lock screen widgets, it only lists stock widgets..nothing from play store. Ugh. Bring back lock screen settings please!

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to 4.4 on my Verizon HTC One. Everything is working fine EXCEPT where did the lock screen settings go? They completely disappeared in 4.4! There's no way to change lock screen wallpaper or pick lock screen style. And even though it lets you pick lock screen widgets, it only lists stock widgets..nothing from play store. Ugh. Bring back lock screen settings please!

yeeess no more lock screen styles.

you can enable what notifications you get in your lock screen through the phone's security settings.

and its not completely true you cannot pick play store widgets. *some* are available, though obviously none you have. not sure why the system discriminates some and not others though.