Question For Current One Owners

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had my One since May and I love the phone. I'm with Sprint and they have that new One Up upgrade program. To qualify you have to own your current phone for a year so for me that will be May, 2014. By that time new phones should be out by Samsung (S5), HTC's next One code name M8 and Apple's iPhone 6.

I'm really hoping Samsung goes with a metal body cuz I would consider that phone if it wasn't a bunch of plastic and the iPhone 6 already has a beautiful body and design. The question I have is the Samsung S5 and iPhone 6 are going to have 64-bit processors but unfortunately the next HTC One will have the Snapdragon 800. Will the hardware keep HTC One fans from purchasing the next model One and going with the latest and greatest processors or is the Snapdragon 800 sufficient? An iPhone 6 with a 4.5"+ screen would be compelling but I don't know if I can give up the customization Android provides. If HTC could just make the next One with a 64-bit processor and 3MB of RAM that would be perfect.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk.

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I would probably get the s5 if it has better build quality and if there's a Google play edition. I can't stand touch wiz. iPhone 6..meh.

I dont think the m8 will be too great, I still love HTC but I'll probably skip the m8, maybe next year.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
The latest info I've seen on the Galaxy S 5 is that it will NOT have a 64-bit processor. That being said, it is totally up to you to know what makes you happy.

However, most new phones keep up well and can handle almost anything thrown at them. To give an example, when my S3 was about 6-7 months old, I started to notice that it couldn't keep up with everything. I don't have that problem with my One.

To be honest, this is the first phone that I feel I don't have to upgrade to the latest and greatest (through I probably will).

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm even apt to get the new One, let alone the other options. I'm pretty happy with the current One to be honest. I will say though that after making the switch from iOS to Android, something very drastic would have to happen to make me go back. I've become too spoiled with the customization and personalization of the latter.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
since i am yet to experience a single lag with the snapdragon 600 in games or day-to-day usage, i will not be updating to the new htc one 2 for the time being.

and if i were, i wouldn't concern myself with the processor version as it can only be better than the one i have, and the one i have works great!

as for the 64-bit processor, none of the android OEMS will have it because qualcomm has not released one yet. besides, its pretty much irrelevant still, and i don't think it will be relevant for the next two years at least. i seriously doubt iphone 5S users wake up every day worshipping their 64-bit processor and what it actually accomplishes for them every day.

most apps do not take advantage of them yet, let alone require it; and those that are optimised for it still work great with 32-bit processors.

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have both the s4 and htc one and I love both but hands down overall one is amazing and better than s4 in everyway possible.

Sent From HTC One Android Revolution 51.0 KitKat 4.4.2.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Since my contract is a 2 year contract, I'll be getting the M9 assuming HTC still exists!
Anyway, Android probably won't be getting 64bit chips until 2015 (not like it matters much at this time anyway). I don't get the hype for 64bit when phones aren't even using that much RAM yet and the support from app developers isn't there yet? Just wait until the phones actually need it, it isn't like a PC where you can upgrade your phone's RAM and make the chip useful anyway.

This year, if they have at least an 8MP camera, I'd go for the M8. The snapdragon 800 is perfectly fine for the next 1-2 years, HTC's Sense is blazing fast, and you know the LCD screen is just better for viewing anywhere. Samsung's S5 is no doubt going to be a powerhouse, but you'll have to deal with weird Touchwiz and all its fun quirks if you want to stay stock. Also HTC is the underdog, so expect them to have a lot of transparency with their company and updates unlike Samsung, because HTC actually needs to compete.

The iPhone 6? Man... How could you still be thinking about going to Apple after experiencing Android? No offense, but unless the thing is jailbroken then it just isn't worth being locked down.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am extremely happy with my HTC One. I am with Sprint and have had it since October 2013. I wouldn't trade it for any other phone. I have never owned an Apple product and I don't have any desire to even look at one :)

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree with what some other people have said about the 64-bit processors. Why worry about that? Do you notice a lot of problems with the Snapdragon 600? One thing I've never heard about the One is that it is slow or lags. The 64-bit processors don't do anything extra right now. It's also getting to the point that you aren't going to be able to notice any discernible speed difference between two different top-shelf processors. I mean, how much do your eyes really notice in the nanoseconds it takes to open some apps already? I've talked to people with a 5S and they honestly say they notice nothing different about it over the 5 they had before it. Maybe down the road when apps are optimized for it, but there isn't really anything that NEEDS it now. I'm a habitual phone upgrader, but I've begun to quit looking at specs and only look at the overall functionality of a phone. I would absolutely buy a phone with a Snapdragon 600 right now if it was optimized with the software and ran everything like a dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo