Still worth it being almost one year old?

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Basically, to keep a long story short, my run with Verizon is coming to end, and so is my unlimited data. Been looking at TMobile and have heard nothing but good things about the HTC One ( some bad as well but that's normal.) Anyways, my main question is, with this phone being almost a year old, and with me being impatient, is this phone still worth getting and not waiting for the new one? I am debating between this and the Nexus 5, but leaning more towards the One. Any and all help is appreciated.

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I think you should wait for the HTC One M8. It should be released in April. Much better specs and all. A Snapdragon 800 pro processor vs the 600 pro. And a much better camera and not to mention HTC Sense 6.0. By all means I'm not saying the HTC One M7 is a bad phone, but I think you should wait.

If you want a phone that will run faster because of a better processor(2.3GHz Quad core Snapdragon 800 pro) and no skins like Touchwiz, HTC Sense and etc. then the Nexus 5 is your choice. The stock Android platform runs butterfly smooth. Also if you care a lot about running the latest software without rooting then the Nexus 5 is for you. Only drawback is not as good of a build quality as the HTC One.

Hoped this helped! Best of luck with your decision!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Basically, to keep a long story short, my run with Verizon is coming to end, and so is my unlimited data. Been looking at TMobile and have heard nothing but good things about the HTC One ( some bad as well but that's normal.) Anyways, my main question is, with this phone being almost a year old, and with me being impatient, is this phone still worth getting and not waiting for the new one? I am debating between this and the Nexus 5, but leaning more towards the One. Any and all help is appreciated.

Definitely not a bad phone, but like mentioned above, I'd wait for the M8.
That or get the Nexus 5 :)

Sent from my XT1056 using Android Central App

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Wait for the M8. If you don't have the patience to wait 2 months then I suggest two things
1. Learn how to be patient. You need this is a general life skill, not just for buying phones
2. ....wait

But, if you still can't wait, I'd get the LG G2, HTC One, or N5.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Getting the phone today will likely be less expensive than the M8 when it comes out. I think the One will be a good phone for the next couple of years.

Of course, I obviously don't chase the latest phone as much as a good value, since I just bought the One.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Great phone but just wait it out. You might not want a 3 year old phone by the end of your contract.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I love my phone but the camera needs some work. Otherwise you won't find a better or louder phone currently. IMO anyways! However if you have time...Wait for the M8 if you want an HTC device. They should have all of these issues ironed out so we can move on to what I hope are just small issues.

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I love T-Mobile not only do they not have contracts they have the Jump program that you can upgrade in 6 months so feel free to get the HTC One now you can get a refurb at a good price and then you can upgrade to a new phone during Christmas sales. That way you'll get your phone for a good price. That's what I would do. I love T-Mobile and I'm loving my HTC One. T-mobile is paying all your early termination fees so anyone can get T-Mobile at any time.

Last edited:

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Not to bash T-mobile but my coworker left big red for tmo and well needless to say he is leaving to go back to VZW the coverage for tmo is horrible in areas where we work when vzw has the best coverage. On the topic again yes the M8 is coming but to VZW who knows. I have had my one for two weeks and love it.

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
That is defiantly is true Verizon does have the best coverage but T-Mobile is a better service in my opinion. T-Mobile has unlimited everything I will never be charged for using too much of anything they are also much cheaper than Verizon and they don't nickel and dime you to death visual voicemail is free on t-mobile where Verizon charges for Visual Voicemail also with t-mobile you can use as much texting and data you want all around the world at no extra charge. T-Mobile doesn't have the best network but it has free Wi-Fi calling so if you don't get good cell reception you can use any WiFi network to make and receive calls. Verizon and AT&t have gotten too big and control too much they make billions over changing their customers. T-mobile has been changing the wireless industry with no contracts low monthly payments for cell phones with 6 month upgrades, free international data and they are the lowest national post paid wireless carrier by far. I'm on t-mobile because they are a great service and they are the leader in changing the wireless industry everyone else is playing catch up.

Last edited:

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies guys. I may wait for the new HTC, or go with the G2. On what a couple people were saying about the coverage of TMobile and Verizon, I have a couple friends with TMobile that I have been talking to about coverage, call quality etc., and they all say it has been getting better. A couple years ago, one good friend of mine said it was absolute trash, but now days it has been getting loads better. Who knows, in a year or two they may be on par with how Verizon and ATT are today.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had my HTC One ever since it came out, and I just love it. I can't think of any other Smartphone I would switch to except maybe the Nexus 5, but I really like the build quality and aluminum body of the One. As a lot of posters have suggested, I probably would try to hold out and get the new version of the HTC One (M8) when it comes out in a few months. Here's a link to some details and rumors about the M8.

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
That's because of the batched at&t acquisition gave t-mobile a bunch of cash and spectrum so T-Mobile is going make there network much better in future. Its hard for wireless carrier's to buy towers and spectrum. Verizon has bought and acquired lots of towers and smaller carriers so that's why they have the largest network and its hard to impossible for the other carrier's to make a competing network. In many many places outside of major city's in the USA verizon is the only option so they have a monopoly in many parts of the USA. Its really a two horse race in the cell industry Verizon and at&t but they really aren't competing against each other they share very similar pricing structure and they never try to push each other. They just don't want to have it be a three house race. I think t-mobile is pushing them where they don't want to go. T-mobile is rocking the boat and at&t and Verizon don't like it.I'm giving T-Mobile my money because they are doing things that should have been done long ago and is showing up at&t and Verizon and I'm sick of the duelopoly at&t and Verizon has. I would rather give my money to a company that is trying new this to take care of the customer then to a company with a better network that charges outrageous prices because a good amount of people have no alternative and make tens of billions of dollars exploiting people who have no choice

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta