- 2 Posts
Loudspeaker not working
So my HTC One is only about 6 months old and today the loudspeaker just stopped working. Nothing has happened to the phone.
When you click on loudspeaker however all the person who rings you can hear is loud static. Ive gotten 4 different people to call me and it's always the same. I can still play music and everything just fine. I use loudspeaker ALL the time so this really sucks! Any advice on why this occurred and what I can do? Thank you so much in advance xx
- 02-16-2014, 04:16 AM #2
Re: Loudspeaker not working
Welcome to Android Central! So if I can try to clarify--it sounds like you're having problems with the speakerphone function? And is it specifically with the microphone on your side--so that when you try to talk to the person on the phone while you're on speakerphone, all they hear is static? And otherwise, your phone can play other sounds (like music, videos, etc.) without any problem? That would seem like some problem with the microphone. Are you able to record other things with the microphone, like voice notes? Or use voice commands successfully?
The first thing I would suggest is to make sure the microphones are not clogged with debris, or otherwise blocked. There are 2 microphones--one at the lower edge, and the other on the back of the phone next to the camera.
The second thing would be to reboot the phone, in case you haven't already. By that I mean powering it off completely, then powering back on again.
You ultimately might have to try a complete factory data reset. Here's a thread on the T-Mobile support site that discusses microphone problems: HTC One - Microphone issues | T-Mobile Support
- 02-17-2014, 01:06 PM #4
- By abrennan94 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 2Last Post: 05-13-2014, 04:45 PM
- By Tom Metcalf in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2014, 09:10 PM
- By Madalin Jurca in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 8Last Post: 02-17-2014, 11:26 AM
- By Flamedblaze0 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 02-16-2014, 07:09 PM
- By CantonS4 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 02-15-2014, 02:15 PM