Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird message when making a call

All of a sudden I get this message whenever I place a call. Seems to be every number I dial no matter if its in my phone book or not.

"the extension you are using does not support this calling feature. An android call will be placed instead"

Anyone know what this means? I may have just showed up since the recent update, although I just noticed it a couple days ago.

Default Re: Weird message when making a call

is this happening when you are dialing the number yourself?

have you noticed any prefix or format changed in your contact list numbers, if you are using people's contacts to dial?

edit: nvm i see you've tried both.

no idea for the time being. sorry.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Same thing with either dialing direct, or calling from my contact list. Some of my contact have a 1 in front of the number, or it's in parentheses. Tried deleting the extras, but it still shows up

have you tried deleting your phone app cache or data? (if you are using a cloud service such as google you won't lose contacts, otherwise i wouldn't clean the data).

also, if you *are* using a cloud service try deleting its account and add it again.

this is all a shot in the dark but it might do the trick.

the parenthesis shouldn't be a problem. the phone will recognise its a local call.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

How do I go about deleting phone app cache and data? I don't see it in the settings. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by woodynorman View Post
    How do I go about deleting phone app cache and data? I don't see it in the settings. Thanks for your help!

settings > apps > all

browse and find the phone/people app. it will give you the option to clean its cache and data.