HTC One: Can't disable lock screen now on KitKat update

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Before the update, I had my lock screen disabled so all I had to do was press the button and my phone came up to the home screen. Now I have to swipe unlock every time and I think I have it set for that not to be that way. Is this just some bug with kitkat? It's very annoying!
Anything I'm missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-21-09-22-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-21-09-22-07.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can't disable lock screen now...

No your not seeing a bug or anything, this was changed in the update to KitKat. I think it ranks in the top 3 most commented changes in the update.

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

oh man, those hosers, I wonder why they removed all those lock screen choices. Argh.

Thanks!

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

wait. i just updated on tmo and now i have to swipe to unlock my screen? i came here to find out how to disable it. i can't? srsly?? is there an app that will disable it? sorry, i am new to android. and this is sucky.

BigHunkoMan

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't disable lock screen now on KitKat update

Same bug on my T-Mobile HTC One as well!!! My screen lock settings are set to none and I also have the same problem after the update;
that I still need to swipe to unlock. This worked before the update

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

just tried NO LOCK SCREEN to no avail. anyone have another solution?

this may be the reason to switch to iphone. this is my first android. and i've never had an iphone (came from blackberry). as a photographer, every second counts. no, pictures from my phone aren't THAT important. but having to swipe in addition to waking the screen only means lost seconds and therefore lost shots. :(

EDIT: noticed swipe screen includes camera icon so swiping to open phone and camera at same time is probably just as time consuming as turning phone on then selecting camera. still...

BONUS QUESTION/COMPLAINT: i noticed that the lock screen is showing my local time and weather, but that the weather is not updated. i can't tell if it updates on it's own at certain intervals or only when i actually check the weather app. does anyone know how to control this so that the lock screen i don't want is at least somewhat useful? ALSO, how do i change the icons that are at the bottom of the lock screen i don't want? thank you!!!

Last edited:

bobavader

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Nolock works great on my Sprint HTC One. I have been using a custom lock screen via Widget Locker and since the KitKat update the two separate lock screens were battling with each other. Often if would have to swipe both screens to use my phone. Nolock has disabled the default lock screen without messing with the custom one.

Teri Tibbetts

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

i have the new htc one AT&T and i installed this and rebooted and still had to put in my password :-( did not work for me. uninstalled it

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

i have the new htc one AT&T and i installed this and rebooted and still had to put in my password :-( did not work for me. uninstalled it

i believe it did the same thing for me after a reboot. however, after you enter your password once you will not have to reboot or swipe to unlock until the next restart. the reason i can't recall is that i uninstalled no lock after a few days as it seemed to affect other things adversely.

if anyone knows of another option, please share.

thank you!!

gracel

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the Note3, I have this annoying lock and can't disable it. I tried "no lock ".. did not work. Anyone with a Note3 having this problem?

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the Note3, I have this annoying lock and can't disable it. I tried "no lock ".. did not work. Anyone with a Note3 having this problem?

It's not just the Note3. I believe everyone with KitKat has this annoying problem. I haven't updated yet and this is one of the reasons why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad