HTC One: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

lol

yes im tired and i did not express myself properly before. i did fix my post before i read your response.

anyhow you understood the meaning.

kit kat did not destroy your blinkfeed - your particular update did.

i think we understand each other now. i still like you :)

hope you can find the fix before you decide to reset.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

This is just an impressions thread, I didn't review kitkat or even comment on it. I'm just giving my first impressions, totally experience based.

gator3853

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

You may need to 're-populate
Blink feed. Swipe to the right.
& choose. Mine was blank also.
Pulling down only updates & if
there's nothing to update....
I'm pissed it killed my Google Mic & I had to type & spell.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

You may need to 're-populate
Blink feed. Swipe to the right.
& choose. Mine was blank also.
Pulling down only updates & if
there's nothing to update....
I'm pissed it killed my Google Mic & I had to type & spell.

I did that a long time ago. Like I said, I've done everything besides do a full refresh of my htc.

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't believe that I got it on the first try. Installation went smoothly. I like Blinkfeed, but having a fifth home screen with extra widgets is proving more useful for me. I haven't encountered any bugs yet. Keep smiling!

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

What I've found so far:

-IIRC you used to be able to pull up on the lock screen from anywhere. Now you have to target the time widget to get it to unlock. Kinda annoying.
-Google Wallet works now?! Got a big alert on the phone saying so and told me to activate NFC. Also asked me if I wanted to default to Google Wallet over ISIS. Too bad you end up with the big persistent NFC icon.
-Dragging up on the home button now shows the Google Now animation that Nexus phones have.
-I have a custom certificate to access wifi at work. Now I get an annoying alert saying I can be monitored by a third party. Luckily it's only at bootup and it's not persistent.
-Stupid AT&T added "Browser Bar" into the settings.
-HTC Reading List support for Blink Feed. But how do you access the Reading List afterwards?

Last edited:

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

are you transferring over usb or wifi?

isyncr over wifi is working well with my mac (mavericks) and my htc one (4.4.2 KK)..

but granted mavericks is just a pain. i kinda wished i never updated from ML.

EDIT: to get AFT to recongise your phone you must restart your mac with the phone PLUGGED IN.
Thanks, Android File Transfer worked that way with mavericks.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Update on my blinkfeed issue: The update totally screwed with my date and time settings and I hadn't even noticed because it was so subtle. I fixed the date to today and that fixed the issue.
I like 4.4.2, not much of a big upgrade, looks like it's using less RAM than usual but maybe that's just me.
However, I don't like the lockscreen. It's annoying that I have the grab the time and pull it up rather than just sliding up anywhere on the screen (which I was used to).

BigTex

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site

Overall very happy. Update/ Install was a breeze.

1.) Moved the "Emergency" button from the bottom of the Lock Screen to the top. Should cut down on hitting the Emergency button when trying for ENTER
2.) Appears to be eating through the batt faster. Could be the 1st day and the reminders to update apps to KitKat. We shall see.
3.) Might be dropping more calls than normal as well. but that could also just be a coincidence. Will keep an eye on this as well.

Like the new features.

BTW the ATT bar is the browser can be shut off as it was in the previous upgrade. I have started to use Chrome more anyways.

Enjoy!

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Phone is taking forever to charge today. Over 2 hours and not over 50%. The charge graph is slower that the discharge.

Attachments

• 1393455471194.jpg
    1393455471194.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 44

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

if your phone is plugged to your computer it will take considerably longer to charge.

Lol that was plugged into the wall. I unplugged and plugged back in and it started working right

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1