Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigDinCA
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Stock

Default New M8 Camera Module

Looks like there's some great potential here. Can't wait to find out more.

HTC One M8 camera shown at MWC - Pocket-lint

Posted via Android Central App
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Default Re: New M8 Camera Module

If it really is another 4 "ultrapixel" sensor it will be very disappointing to me. Already disappointed in the GS5, will not be looking forward to the the all new One with another subpar camera.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier
    Stock

I'll wait to see what they actually do with it. I don't think it's the same lens at all. Assuming it is still 4MP, a lot can change in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye16qb View Post
    If it really is another 4 "ultrapixel" sensor it will be very disappointing to me. Already disappointed in the GS5, will not be looking forward to the the all new One with another subpar camera.
    Yeah I have to agree with you here. I know it ain't about the megapixels, trust me it's more about the lens and module itself, but 4MP is too low. I want higher res shots, I don't like the grain that comes with the One. The phone can take fantastic pictures, but it won't take them consistently which is an issue for most people.

I'd like to see 8MP+.

Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    Yeah I have to agree with you here. I know it ain't about the megapixels, trust me it's more about the lens and module itself, but 4MP is too low. I want higher res shots, I don't like the grain that comes with the One. The phone can take fantastic pictures, but it won't take them consistently which is an issue for most people.

I'd like to see 8MP+.
    Yeah the notion that megapixels don't matter spilled over from the DSLR realm and doesn't apply the same way to camera phones.

When you can put a relatively inexpensive 70-300 mm lens on a DSLR, you can get away with a lower megapixel sensor because fewer of those pixels are wasted because you can fill the frame with your subject using optical zoom.

With a camera phone, unless you have free reign (and time to do it) to use "foot zoom," many times the subject of your photos is only going to be across 1-2 MP of a 4 MP sensor. So by the time you crop your photo down, you can end up with a pretty low resolution image for viewing on smart phones and even PCs.

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Insert Coin 5.5